paying for a meal before a date, jesus fucking Christ

emsley

I'm gonna vent a little as I can't do it on Facebook.

I'm talking to this good looking lass on shitbook and its all going well, I started dropping the 'I work' stuff early on or it just makes it impossible to get a meet up if you don't mention that early on.

I have never been one for meals on a first date just never done that.

I like a few beers or just a walk in the park and maybe buy some fish and chips etc...

In fact my cheap ass method normally works wonders and by the time the walk is finished I have normally hooked them.

The only way I'd pay for dinner is after a good first date and some good banter, I'm no cheapskate when I'm in with them. But like all guys won't be taken for a mug with dinner dates.

I don't want to sit there troffing my grub it just seems like something I'm not good with.

And here is the bombshell, this lass has 3 kids....................................................................(found out after good start chatting)

Like fuck me, I don't want to sound like a wankmaster but three kids is a warning.

I don't want to hurt any ones feelings but 3 kids you would have to be fucking impervious to the after effects of birth. I don't think of my self as one of those guys that does all the dating stuff only to be jumped on by kids when we get home or some shit.

I know these types of women, they have a long term relationship then pimped the online game then a sucker takes all that on.

So I figure what I'm saying is would you even bother...

Seems like a potential time waster when I want casual stuff.

Oh, I have dated women with kids before so its not like I'm a snob with all that stuff, just think I'm wise enough to know not to bother, always ends up sucking.

Edited by emsley

Since you KNOW this is not what your after then get out now. 1 date is easier to walk away from than 6 dates down the line.

On my dates we always go for a meal, Its just an easier way to talk.

Yeah I've been out of the game a while..

I just think it makes it difficult when I just want to have fun. hey if they had one kid or something and they were grown up that would not be so bad.

nappies and waiting for dates, I fully understand she is anchored with them but hey, I don't have to be.. ah well if she just wanted fun it would not be so bad but meal thing to me sounds like a drawn out wine and dine thing.

keep looking!!!

If it's just for fun then you should prolly tell her that.

Im hoping it works out for you, but a woman with 3 kids already is a big responsibility to handle. :o

agreed.

I just changed the tone of the convo with her. I knew that opener went too easily!!!! bah! I miss the days I just used to have fun with chicks. what happened to just drinking some beers. I hate getting wiser!

Just be honest and tell you're not ready for that sort of responsibility. No matter how you look at it, kids require it. You're looking to live your young adult life, not settle into an adult one.

Lol and its a good thing you're not in my area cuz these L.A. broads... they are not cheap.