Description:

no$sns © Martin Korth
nocash SNES/SFC emulator/debugger for windows

Features

• The program is 100% assembler code. Accuracy should be quite high (if not: bug are reports welcome).
  • Controllers: 1-2 Joypads, Multitap, Mouse, Lightguns (via mouse), NTT Data Pad, X-Band Keyboard, Twin Tap's, Barcode Battler, Pachinko Dial, Exertainment Bike
  • Coprocessors: SA-1, GSU, DSP, ST010/11, CX4, OBC1, S-DD1, SPC7110, S-RTC, RTC-4513, SFC-Box, NSS arcade cabinet
  • Add-ons: Satellaview, Turbofile (TFII and STF)
  • Debugger: Assembler, Disassembler, Xboo-Upload Function (for testing code on real SNES).
  • Requirements: Win95 and up, around 8MB RAM, around 200MHz (tested) (on 1GHz computers, most games can run 5-10 times faster as on real hardware).

Known Problems

• Interlace Mode (vertical hires) isn't yet supported (used only by 3 games or so)
  • Offset-Per-Tile Mode isn't yet supported (used by Starfox... and probably by some further games...?)
  • GUIs of Copiers and Cheat Devices should be working (but without actually emulating FDDs or Patches)
  • ST018 isn't yet supported
  • Actraiser 2 hangs in intro (unknown why)

Change log:

• help: added note on starting multiple hdma's midframe in different scanlines
  • bugfix: mirror SRAM from 700000h to F00000h, but NOT to F08000h (thanks byuu)
  • midframe hdma: init "snes_hdma_not_pause_flgs" during vblank (super ghouls)
  • help: cleaned up memory/dma chapters, added basic LoROM/HiROM mapping chapters
  • emu: added support for rare LoROM games with more than 32K SRAM (eg. Dezaemon)
  • help: added cx4 pinouts (thanks qwertymodo) and cx4 memory map (thanks byuu)
  • commandline: looks in current directory before 'slot' directory (for lidnariq)
  • video/zoom: fullscreen option (toggle via context menu; by right mouse button)
  • video/zoom: software: supports odd ratios, mmx-based horizontal blur/resample
  • video/zoom: opengl: SwapBuffers, SubImage2d, DblBuffer, PixFmtScoring, Speedup
  • gui: created own help engine (instead of microcrap's suicidal windows .hlp)
  • game window: displays current zoom factor in caption (during sizing)
  • game window: optionally square pixels, or real PAL/NTSC pixel aspect ratios
  • game window: allows free sizing (with snapping near N*100% zoom factors)
  • sfcbox: removed dummy OSD font (real SFC-Box character set is dumped now)
  • controls: divides snes-mouse resolution by game-window-zoom-factor
  • icon: simplified snes button/logo icon, at 12x12,16x16,32x32,48x48 pix sizes
  • help/emu: sfcbox: added io-port-mirrors and values for unknown/unused io-bits
  • help/emu: sfcbox: osd character zoom, osd background/outline styles
  • help/emu: sfcbox: cpu hd64180 traps (most) invalid hd64180 opcodes
  • help/emu: gsu mirrors/openbus, gsu multiply speed, r15+irq on stop opcode
  • a22i: added argonaut gsu assembler (via .argonaut and .native/.nocash syntax)
  • emu: avoids break on nested event-handling within hdma (for buggy kof2000)
  • cartloader: clips corrupt sram/xram/flash header values to reasonable sizes
  • cartloader: fixed crash upon missing cx4 bios (thanks epguy35 for bugreport)
  • help: added GSU-1 and GSU-2 pinouts (based on GSU schematics drawn by magno)
  • help: added pinouts for SA-1 chip, BSX-FLASH connector, partial BSX-EXT port
  • help: added MAD-R logic table+more MAD-1 details (thanks SkinnyV for dumping)
  • help/emu: added some new nss details (vsync, mirrored/unused bits)
  • help: added some new xband keyboard details (thanks to Benjamin Eriksson)
  • help/emu: added copy-protected bootlegs (bitswap, constant, and alu/flipflop)
  • help/emu: added super20hab (korean multicart with 20 small nes-port games)

download: no$sns v1.5

Edited by sypherce

Question, whats the difference between this and say all the other emulators already out there? The user interface?

and my anti virus didn't let me download it, said it was a virus of some sort

Edited by Cominus

Question, whats the difference between this and say all the other emulators already out there? The user interface?

Thanks for the heads up on this. The issue is exclusive to the new release of the emulator itself, as I downloaded the file directly from the developer's website, and it was flagged with a virus.

It appears that it may be a false positive (see here), but the results by VirusTotal are a bit out of the ordinary for a false positive.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/fffaf047b2239d2dc861e63e8842ef6f54c04d441ebfe53ee8054719e07bc954/analysis/1375307050/

Anyway, I have removed the file from the download database for now. Sorry about that.

If I remember correctly some of his other emulator releases had the same issue. If it helps at all I can verify that other than having my antivirus complain there's no other effects on my system.

It's completely clean. The issue comes from the custom packer nocash emus use (similarly packed apps from other folks using their own routines get flagged too). Antiviruses dont recognize it as either a bad or clean one as they fail to check the internals, and some like Norton and Avast add a reputation check that recognizes the files as 'very recent' and not yet vetted.

Reported another nocash emu as false positive before, was fixed by the next day.