When you feel like you want to break a stack of bricks... with your HEAD!

Alpha

Ever feel an enormous amount of anger in your bloodstream? So much anger that you want to release it on some poor inanimate object? I use to take my frustrations out on the punching bags, but I found that it would actually make me angrier. This has turned a simple problem into a more complex problem because now I am kinda stuck as to how to "vent" my anger.

What am I pissed about? More or less, the inability to get things I want done. It's funny, when I'm on the computer, I've contemplated throwing my wireless mouse out the window more than a hundred times.

I would say this is ordinary anger mixed with frustrations of daily life.

So how do you go about working with your anger? :P

I usually listen to a really heavy song I like and just take it to volume 20. I also break out the guitar and just wail away. Having a stiff drink sometimes helps as well. But things rarely get to me. I mean life is short and there is no need to get pissed off at things. When you look at it you see most the time that it is not even worth getting angry about.

Sex...done, end thread.

Sex would be nice if it was an always available commodity. Sadly, it currently isn't.

I usually listen to a really heavy song I like and just take it to volume 20. I also break out the guitar and just wail away. Having a stiff drink sometimes helps as well. But things rarely get to me. I mean life is short and there is no need to get pissed off at things. When you look at it you see most the time that it is not even worth getting angry about.

Volume 20?!! No need to lose my hearing during the stress relief process! :wink::lol: Guitar sounds like a great idea though. I have dabbled a bit at it, even grew some calluses on my fingers, but still nowhere near where I need to be. Sounds like a fine idea for meditative reasons. I shall do that.

• Like 1

Alpha , How in the fuck are you still single?

I'm still asking myself the same question :lol: ... truth is I don't have time for a lot of serious relationships. Though, I've been in a few, but the last few years have been tough. No worries though. I enjoy dating... more freedom. :P

P.S. Welcome back brother!

^ I always thought you were married and had some nerd/gamer home...weird.

Hahahaha. Yeah, I'm not surprised. But married? Eeehhhhhhhhhhh, not my cup of tea.

^ I always thought you were married and had some nerd/gamer home...weird.

Hahahaha. Yeah, I'm not surprised. But married? Eeehhhhhhhhhhh, not my cup of tea.

Sounds like the guys I work with, I'm one of only 2 married guys...which in turn means I'm one of only 2 guys that comes to work with a lunch, has homecooked meals and don't do my own laundry. :P

• Like 1

I feel anger only sucks when you delve into it. I just ask myself "Why am I angry?" and the reason usually snaps me out of it. For other reasons (like something you can't control or change), I feel that holding on to it doesn't help much either so I try to let it go by ignoring it and looking to the brighter side of things.

• Like 1