HDNes (2013/07/19) released

From the author:

Hi, I recently resumed working on my emulator and now I think I have enough to show. The gimmick of the emulator is the ability to display custom true colour tiles at up to 4x resolution.

BombSweeper is used as an example and a simple 2x graphics pack is included in the files which replace the number tiles. You need to download and put BombSweeper.nes inside the rom folder. You can play around with the png files inside the BombSweeper folder and see the results. The emulator is still in early stage and so lacks many standard features. Please read the readme for the limitations before using it. Feel free to comment and please let me know if you have trouble running the emulator on your machine.

Recent Change logs:

2013/05/16

Added a function to handle palette swaps if not using auto generate. If you have a sequence of tiles with the same palette and that sequence of tile also have the same palette swaps, then you can use this function to simplify the process.

First, make sure your HD renderings of the same palette are stored in the same image file. The same tile in different palettes must be placed in the same location relative to the first tile of that palette. Then add tile mapping for the first palette as usual. After that, click the 'Batch mapping' to open a dialog box. Select the image file of the first palette and select the first tile and the last tile of the sequence. Then select the new palette, the image file of the new palette and the location of the first tile within the image file. Click 'Add mappings' and the program will add mappings to the new palette for all the tiles between the first and the last, using the new location of the first tile as reference.

2013/07/11

1. Fix a save state crashing bug
2. Fix displaying 16 pixel high sprites

2013/07/19

Fixed sprites not showing during gameplay in Kirby's Adventure