Recommend That Anime!

Ok lets try something new, i'll start off and you guys post in a similar fashion, and be sure to include a couple of pictures just to get the reader going, also be sure to clariy if it's an ova, movie, or series! If this works then we'll be moving on to bigger and better things.

My Recommendation:

Armitage III: Poly-Matrix (Movie)

MV5BMTYwNjI5NTc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMy

tumblr_m3ortuEA7s1r0mpy4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7v41892iX1qgq5zm.jpg

Synopsis:

"In 2046, the overpopulation of Earth has led to the colonization of Mars—with the aid of the "first type" androids, men were able to begin terraforming the unfriendly environment of Mars and build the city Saint Lowell. Seventy years after the start of colonization, the city is completed and inhabited by great numbers of people and "Second type" robots, much improved versions of the "First types". Ross Syllibus, a middle-aged policeman from Chicago, flies to Saint Lowell using a space shuttle. Syllibus asked to be transferred to the Martian Police Department to escape from his past and haunting memories of his previous partner being killed by a robot. At the Saint Lowell's space port he is to meet his new partner—a young woman named Naomi Armitage.

On the same shuttle as Syllibus travels Kelly McCannon—"the last country singer in the Universe". As the shuttle nears the terminal, a mysterious man is seen entering the cargo section; soon after this, the intruder is noticed and the alarms go off.

Later, as Ross gets off the shuttle, he witnesses a disturbing scene at the airport. He bumps into the mysterious man with a big suitcase and two guards. Soon after that, Armitage orders the men to stop and get their hands up. Puzzled, Ross notices a few drops of blood spilling from the mysterious man's suitcase. The two robot guards are killed by Armitage and the mysterious man is wounded, but flees. However, he leaves his suitcase behind—inside of which is the dead body of Kelly McCannon. To everybody's surprise and horror, McCannon turns out to be a robot: a new, never-seen-before "Third type" android that is superficially identical to humans." ~Wiki

Why I like it:

This movie pretty much set the standard for cyber punk animes. It's a little like bladerunner which I've never watched but have always heard about so if you scene it then I guess you know where im going with this. It's one of the few animes that has mech fighting scenes outside of the gundam/robotech universe which is a nice fresh breath of air. It's got a legitimate love story that isnt all sappy and dull like most animes tend to draw them out.

Why you should watch it:

If you like blood and big explosions then this is the anime for you! It's alot like the ghost in the shell series but it's not overly dry in the movie compared to the OVA which doesnt have big hollywood voice overs but it does have a linear story line that isnt too hard to follow and the music really sets the vibe with it's upbeat fast tempo. There are a few nude scenes which new animes tend to avoid now a days so it does feel directed towards a more mature audience.

Can we reccomend subbed anime or only dubbed?

Yes, you can, if anything it's encourage, but be sure to let people know if it's been licensed or not, I can't tell you how many animes I've started watching and half way through it gets picked up and im stuck not knowing what happens for 6 months later, I guess you could also recommend which anime group dubbers you go with. There were a couple that I really liked which gave a lot of side info on jokes and puns which really let me get into the animes.

My Recommendation:

Chobits (Series)

images.jpg

sff.jpg

ssss.jpg

Synopis:

"The series centers on the life of Hideki Motosuwa, a held-back student attempting to qualify for university by studying at Seki prep school in Tokyo. Besides a girlfriend, he dreams of having a persocom (an android used as a personal computer) On his way home one evening, he stumbles across a persocom in the form of a beautiful girl with thigh-length hair lying against a pile of trash bags, and he carries her home, not noticing that a disk fell on the ground. Upon turning her on, she instantly regards Hideki with adoration. The only word the persocom seems capable of saying is "chi", thus he names her that. Hideki assumes that there must be something wrong with her, and so the following morning he has his neighbor Hiromu Shinbo analyze her with his mobile persocom Sumomo. After Sumomo crashes during the attempt they conclude that she must be custom-built. A major part of the plot involves Hideki attempting to teach Chi words, concepts, and appropriate behaviours, in between his crammed schedule of school and work. At the same time, Chi seems to be developing feelings for Hideki, at an emotional depth she is not supposed to possess, and Hideki struggles with his feelings for her. The need to figure out more about Chi and her mysterious functions and past becomes a pull for the characters in the series."

Why I like it:

It's a soapy love drama with lots of goofy humor. It really shows the awkwardness of somebody who's really honest and some what naive. I could relate to the show many times which has a lot of plot twists and each episode you learn a little more about the charters and how they all tie in together. I recommend watching it in japanese with the subtitiles as it loses some of it's humor in the english version and the show is also on netflix at the current moment.

Why you should watch it:

It's an android show. It's like when krillin in dbz started dating an android, it just makes you wonder what life would be like with humanoids walking around, alot like armitage but without all the violence. It has the funny that full metal panic fumoffu was able to grasp and it also shows you I guess the what the daily life would be in japan kinda like the lucky star series.

Edited by Cominus

• 4 weeks later...

My Recomendation:

ACCEL WORLD

key_art_accel_world_zps8f8b23da.jpg

Plot

Haruyuki "Haru" Arita is a short, fat boy who is constantly bullied at the Umesato Junior High School which results in him having exceptionally low self-esteem. To escape the torment of real life, he logs onto the school's Local Network where he plays squash by himself and always gets the highest scores. One day, he checks the squash rankings to find his high score beaten by Kuroyukihime, the popular Student Council Vice-President, who invites him to lunch the next day. Here Kuroyukihime introduces Haruyuki to Brain Burst, a secret program that is able to accelerate the human cognitive process to the point at which time appears to stop. Haruyuki soon learns that Brain Burst is more than just a program, but a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online (VRMMO) fighting game where people fight each other in fierce duels in order to obtain Burst Points which can be expended for acceleration abilities in the real world. Kuroyukihime then enlists Haruyuki's help in reaching Level 10 within Brain Burst by defeating the "Six Kings of Colour" to ultimately meet the creator of Brain Burst and learn its true purpose.

Currently running on Neon Alley (dubbed) and available online subbed.

I wont name the sites but you can google them :P

It is also available on neonalley.com live stream