Mechanical Keyboards

My experience with the mechanical keyboards, they are much better than the common rubber dome keyboard. I found them rather nice and clicky, I didn't need to press the key all the way down like I did with the rubber dome keyboard. Just I was playing Super Meat Boy I was playing better on the keyboard then I was on the Xbox 360 controller, three finger on the WASD is better than one thumb on the stick or the D-Pad. I was also playing Sonic 1 and Sonic CD, the result were pretty much the same.

i-w4NNkfb-X2.jpg

Beside me, anybody else had any experience with Mechanical Keyboards?

For what they cost, I'd rather just use membrane keyboards. I can't stand WSAD anyway...I remap everything to the arrow keys and the ones that surround it, like shift for jump. Too many other keys around WSAD when playing games.

Because of that I want my keyboard back that had no space between the up arrow and the row of keys above it.

The problems with membrane keyboards is that you can't repair them, once one key is dead the whole keyboard would need to be replaced. On mine I can just replace the switches, I don't mind using the soldering iron, at least I got a keyboard that will last and repairable. Also I found that the keys are too soft on the membrane, I often end up pressing the wrong key.

Bear in mind that coders don't have the time to keep on replacing keyboards, for me a reliable keyboards is needed!

• 1 month later...

I've been considering a mechanical keyboard for some time now after I tried one once. I'm using a wireless keyboard and there's sometimes an atrocious typing delay. I've tried moving it around, but there's probably too much wireless interference.

What mechanical keyboards would you recommend?

If you're a heavy gamer go for ones that either have a black or red cherry mx switch, otherwise go for the blue or brown switch or a topre even. If you want the most sturdy? go for Plated over PCB mounted!

Wireless keyboard only have benefit with HTPC, otherwise it's pointless, it's not like you going to be moving a keyboard around as often as a mouse. :lol:

If your computer got a PS/2 port, use that rather than USB, USB polls the CPU and PS/2 does not!