Dreamcast Online

I tried setting up my DreamCast to online play but couldn't get it to do so. I tried for a long time then i gave up but now i want 2 give it a next try.I live in Nassau Bahamas,I have a cable internet modem hooked up to my computer for my internet.

I have a online game called Speed Devils,and a online web browser 3.0 cd an a broadband passport cd an a plug that came with my game,it is plug into the dreamcast side an when remove it shows a socket with the word ( EXTENSION ) writing above it.Is that the broadband adaptor there ?

With all this information is it ok for me to get my dreamcast online ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my answer from a dc dcemulation forum.

If I understand you correctly...

Your Dreamcast probably came with a 56K modem. If it says "Line" at the jack, it's a modem. If it says "LAN", it's probably a Broadband adapter. If you don't have a broadband adapter, you will need a dialup ISP.

You can use Planetweb 3.0 and Broadband Passport to get online with a BbA as well as a 56K modem.

Speed Devils is no longer online. You can get a list of the games that are currently online here: http://www.dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com

A next ?

i just see its says line.but i dont have dial-up,i use a always connected cable modem. can i still go online without needing a dial-up isp ?

and your saying if i had lan ( broadband adaptor ) i could of just use my computer's cable modem ?

I got my answer from a dc dcemulation forum.

If I understand you correctly...

Your Dreamcast probably came with a 56K modem. If it says "Line" at the jack, it's a modem. If it says "LAN", it's probably a Broadband adapter. If you don't have a broadband adapter, you will need a dialup ISP.

You can use Planetweb 3.0 and Broadband Passport to get online with a BbA as well as a 56K modem.

Speed Devils is no longer online. You can get a list of the games that are currently online here: http://www.dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com

A next ?

i just see its says line.but i dont have dial-up,i use a always connected cable modem. can i still go online without needing a dial-up isp ?

and your saying if i had lan ( broadband adaptor ) i could of just use my computer's cable modem ?

You need a dialup account to use dial up. And apparantly Planetweb 3.0 does not allow dial up, just broadband. You need Planetweb 2.6 for that.

But to get online with your broadband connection, you need to buy a broadband adapter.