Dreamcast Online

I'm just being curious, I want to know if you can actually still play Dreamcast games online? I mean is Seganet still up and running like it did in it's prime? Well let me stop bickering. Also, if the Seganet is still up and running, is there any chance that I'll be able to play burned games online?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, most games you can still play online

in fact just this morning i was playing Quake III Arena with a burned disc

then i proceeded to play Unreal Tournement online with a burned disc

then i proceeded to play Capcom Vs SNK 2 online with a burned disc

then i proceeded......

Shibathedog is correct. Alot of non central-server based games are still very much playable.

Seganet however is gone for the Dreamcast, and the Phantasy Star Online servers with it.

Which really sucks, as I own a retail copy of PSO and I never have played it online.

Shibathedog is correct. Alot of non central-server based games are still very much playable.

Seganet however is gone for the Dreamcast, and the Phantasy Star Online servers with it.

Which really sucks, as I own a retail copy of PSO and I never have played it online.

Whoa! I didn't know you can play Capcom vs SNK 2 online! Well I'm going to look for that game now even though I have it for PS2. Also, I know that Dreamcast has 56k modem installed in it and I was wondering if the game is laggy?

Well can someone post a step-by-step instruction on how to set me up? I heard of something I need a dreamkey or something like? And what if I have cable, can I still play Dreamcast online?

*knows he's asking too many questions*

nah actually to my surprise it very rarely lags

I feel your pain cinder :huh: i have a retail copy with a serial that has never even been registered, it was actually my friends and he just gave it to me along with alot of his other DC stuff that he didnt want anymore (almost smacked him hehe) I never bought the game when the DC was in its prime, hell i didnt even get my DC until it was discontinued. I had only played it at my friends house :)

i remember the exact details about when i got my DC...*ramble filter activated*

yes, most games you can still play online

in fact just this morning i was playing Quake III Arena with a burned disc

then i proceeded to play Unreal Tournement online with a burned disc

then i proceeded to play Capcom Vs SNK 2 online with a burned disc

then i proceeded......

how did u play cap vs snk 2 online? Ive tried but the menus are just a bit confusing

they used infinite HP/Money/Etc cheats and made it unfair

when a SegaOP came along and found out it was hilarious to watch them get yelled at though, while i was at a friends we saw a SegaOP yelling at some guy (ya know how to can see the speech bubbles?) and right in the middle of the convo the hacker starts running away and the SegaOP starts chasing him and then the hacker just dissapears outta thin air (where guessing either he got booted or disconnected) me and my friend where laughing for hours