Samurai Shodown 5 on Kawa-X

Prican25

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, I spent most of today renaming my roms for Kawax plus, can someone please email me a kawaxplus xbe with SSV added, ps I already have CTHD and ms4 patched also!! Come on guys stop changing the rom names

the default.xbe that N3OGH0ST made has all the games working as i said before on the first page of this topic

I personaly like Mr. X's just for the fact no renaming of the rom is needed when its release :D

Edited by Prican25

Anyone have an answer for my blood question? I really like playing with the region set to Japan because I like all the intros (even though I can't read them :D ), but I would like to have the blood actually be red instead of white.

Edited by Thraxen

Yea i basically leave the work to the end-user and minimize the ammount of work that I have to do.

I also dont have any reason to add SVCBL and SVCplus since IMO they are 1 and the same, either you want the characters/plus on the rom or you dont.......

thats just me though.

I recommend Mr.X version if you are new to all this and havent already messed with Kawa-X Plus.

I also added the support for samsho5 very quickly, did some simple stuff like the renaming of the rom, which is much faster for testing than to change it internally within the xbe.

Please take note though

EVERYONE MIGRATE TO MR.X VERSION NOW!!!!

THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO MORE KAWA_X PLUS DEFAULT.XBEs from this release on out.

So Mslug5 and Kof2k3 will not be supported on Kawa-X Plus.....

Current kawa-x plus user: use your holiday time to switch over to Mr. X

New to all this?=== just get Mr. X version now!

Edited by N3oGhost

Gah! I don't think I have the original P and M ROMS anymore! I used all the ones from the P & M ROM Depot. I guess I should have saved them. I don't suppose you could hook me up with the originals that I replaced for KawaX PLUS?

[EDIT] If you can supply me with those files I plan to post them on Suprnova with KawaX SE and full instructions on how to switch over. This will hopefully save you some headaches when MSlug5 hits and people start looking for a new version of KawaX PLUS.

Edited by Thraxen

Sorry you went through all that but as a rule, you should always have backups.

Anyway, I am simply shifting to the new way of emulation for kawa-x.

Once the information came out on the hex editing, it changed the way we do things to get these "banned" roms to work.

Mr. X has put a lot of effort into manually changing/ inputing the original romset names into the xbe and should be commended for his work.

It is also better for the end-user to simply download a rom and plug it into his emulator (whichever it may be) ---this is the way it has always been.

So in a matter of speaking were moving forward and at the same time moving back to the old way of doing things -----the standard in the emulation scene.

Merry Christmas to all.

N30Ghost

Sorry you went through all that but as a rule, you should always have backups.

Yeah, I should have kept them. But I did not... so can you zip them up and transfer them to me somehow. AIM or such?

[edit] Well N3oGhost suggested NGTools to get the roms, but their site is down (hammered by the SSV downloaders?). So if anyone can help me out here.... I need the P and M roms for KoF2K2, MSlug4, MatriMelee, RotD, and SvCPlus. Actually, I may not need KoF2k2 and Mslug4 since I have those ROMs in a NeoRage archive (I'm assuming they are decrypted?).

Edited by Thraxen