Samurai Shodown 5 on Kawa-X

Prican25

(I hope that Thraxen includes this in his Kawa X se package)

glad that you like kawa-x se but its Mr X who did it not Thraxen ^_^ also Plus was made by N3OGH0ST. i do give credit to Thraxen for helping out others like i helped him out but he didn't make se or plus hehe

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad that you like kawa-x se but its Mr X who did it not Thraxen

He was referring to when I put PLUS with all the ROMS on Bittorrent. I guess he's assuming I will do the same for SE. Which, actually, I am. But I was hoping to get a fix for RotD before I did (and now I'm hoping to include MS5 too).

For the New Year :lol:, I 'm going to make a post on newsgroup tonight of Kawa-X SE and all the roms as they are set for the current version (my rotd rom will have s1 rom in it but as you know its not being used at the moment)

i'll be posting in the following places:

alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox

alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

alt.binaries.emulators.misc

when you grab it all you need to do is extract and it add it to your hdd as another emu cuz Kawa-X SE is not meant to replace the Kawa-x v11 but to be as other emu to be used for new games :lol:

I'll also be posting the rom pics for ppl who got the emu but want to make sure they got the right rom names and crc's

Look for: Happy New Year, Heres Kawa-X SE (thx to Mr. X) + Banned Roms

Edited by Prican25

For the New Year :),  I 'm going to make a post on newsgroup tonight of Kawa-X SE and all the roms as they are set for the current version (my rotd rom will have s1 rom in it but as you know its not being used at the moment)

i'll be posting in the following places:

alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox

alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

alt.binaries.emulators.misc

when you grab it all you need to do is extract and it add it to your hdd as another emu cuz Kawa-X SE is not meant to replace the Kawa-x v11 but to be as other emu to be used for new games ;)

I'll also be posting the rom pics for ppl who got the emu but want to make sure they got the right rom names and crc's

Look for: Happy New Year, Heres Kawa-X SE (thx to Mr. X) + Banned Roms

I know this is a big ask but could you possible seed it on BitTorrent? It'd make it easier for us to get it. My news server can't find your posts anywhere :).

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, for those of you that know or not, theres been a few fixes for this rom but the most drastic one is with merging the v1+v2 into a new v1 and merging v3+v4 into a v2. the reason why this was done is cuz of the cart itself having 2 v roms only and not as 4 that was released.

the fixes can be found HERE

now some of you may or may not care for making the following changes but i did it anyway (sucks when your bored) big thx to n3ogh0st for helping

to use samsho5 set with 2 v roms (16mb each):

1. open the default.xbe with a hex app (i perfer hex workshop)

2. click on edit and choose find and look up the following:

4000 2339 4F27 0000 0000 5CA5 0D00 0000 4000 0000 4000 BEDA 868F

3. now you change the above to the following:

8000 2339 4F27 0000 0000 5CA5 0D00 0000 8000 0000 8000 BEDA 868F

4. now find and look up the follwing:

0000 0000 50A5 0D00 0000 8000 0000 4000 CD06 FD05 0000 0000 44A5 0D00 0000 C000 0000 4000 6340 9814

5. after that is found (not far from the last find), replace all with zeros.

6. now just find the following text string: 270-v4 and replace 270-v4 and 270-v3 with zeros till you get to the set of.... before the 270-v2 and you are done :huh:

question for Prican25

Which default.xbe for kawa (plus, SE, custom) has the hex string from your post on the combining of the V roms in Samarai Showdown 5. I have already patched the rom files but having problems hexing? Thanks in advance