Samurai Shodown 5 on Kawa-X

Prican25

Oh yeah... a picture is on the way.

When I finally get all these ROMS running correctly on KawaX SE I'll post it to Suprnova. It's been a nightmare trying to rename everything and find the right P and M ROMs <_<

But I've almost go it now... I just need to get Rage of the Dragons working correctly and get the correct SvC ROM (the rom with all the characters). Also, I'm a bit concerned about my Metal Slug 4. It seems to be working fine, but my M rom is 128 KB when the website says it should be 64 KB. So if someone wants to send me that too, that would be cool :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thraxen as far as i know, svc should be the only rom you need the original p rom as for the others they shouldn't be a prob renaming in fact with rotd i had to take out the m1

Well, I downloaded another SvC Plus, but it's not right! It is SvC Plus, but it's missing a couple of characters. It's missing that flying demon guy (don't know his name) and someone else is missing from the opposite side, but I don't know who it is... only that one picture is gone.

As far RotD goes... I guess I'll try taking out the M ROM, but if it doesn't need it it won't load it anyway, right? My problem is corrupted graphics on the status bars.

edit: How big is your m1d ROM? Mine is 128 KB. The site says it should be 64 KB.

Edited by Thraxen

Well, I've almost completed my conversion from PLUS to KawaX SE... tracking down those ROMS again is a biatch! 

Anyway, Rage of the Dragons isn't working properly.  It runs but the status bars on the top and bottom have missing graphics. I think it's because I have the wrong m1 ROM.  Mine is 128 KB while the one listed on the KawaX SE site says 64 KB.  So... can someone either send me their working m1d rom or point me to some place dl a working ROM?

Also, some of that information on the KawaX SE site and in the Rom Names text document included with the download is wrong.  For example, the V ROMS for both Metal Slug 4 and Rage of the Dragons must have 'd' listed in their names... just before the ".bin" (i.e. 263-v1d.bin).  The website does not reflect this.

-----------

Could someone please be kind enough to send the default.xbe file to me?

It's on the way.

Rage of the Dragons (decrypted C & V roms) use M1 rom 64 Kb, because M1 of 128 Kb is not correct, it's an overdump.

Also, Mame Team said Rage of the Dragons (decrypted C & V roms) needn't S1 rom to run. V roms have to be named : 264-v1d.bin, 264-v2d.bin, 264-v3d.bin & 264-v4d.bin, because they are decrypted.

Metal Slug 4 (decrypted C & V roms) use M1 rom of 64 Mb, M1 of 128 Mb is an overdump.

Metal Slug 4 (decrypted C & V roms) V roms are named 263-v1d.bin, 263-v2b.bin, 263-v3d.bin & 263-v4d.bin.

Edited by Mr.X

i just noticed that with kawa-x se and svc plus i can't pick athena, mr karate, red arremer or shin-gouki, but i can pick them with the same romset in kawa-x plus... what's up with that?

To pick the last bosses are depending of your SVC P1 rom & not the emulator.

I got Kawa-X SE, and dumped the samsho5.zip from suprnova into the roms directory after making sure everything was the correct size in the zip, and it seems to load fine until it gets to p1, where it stops, and doesn't go any further? Has anyone else had this problem, or am I missing something?

EDIT: crap, I missed the more pages laid out at the top; I'll check through those first. :huh:

Edited by SenatorIvy

I got Kawa-X SE, and dumped the samsho5.zip from suprnova into the roms directory after making sure everything was the correct size in the zip, and it seems to load fine until it gets to p1, where it stops, and doesn't go any further? Has anyone else had this problem, or am I missing something?

EDIT: crap, I missed the more pages laid out at the top; I'll check through those first. :huh:

Samurai Shodown V is perfect.

samsho5.zip (Samurai Shodown V) :

270-p1.bin -> 8 Mb

270-s1.bin -> 128 Kb

270-m1.bin -> 128 Kb

270-c1.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c2.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c3.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c4.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c5.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c6.bin -> 8 Mb

270-c7.bin -> 8 Mb