CoinOPS update R8 Problem

Shibathedog

When transferring the R8 update over I have a lot of files failing and im trying to figure out why. Every single one of them is located in "Coinops 5\- READ ME !!!! CoinOPS 5\Game Info INIs". For some reason a lot of these INIs are failing to transfer. When I look at my xbox HDD to see what HAS transferred I noticed it seems to stop after the letter J. Specifically jumpbugb.ini

are there too many files in the folder for the xbox to handle? what is going on? This seems impossible because why would something be made in a way that cannot actually transfer over!

EDIT: It seems like you cant have over 4000 something files in a single folder because of the HDD filesystem. There are 9000 something files in this directory, so whats up? are these files optional?

EDIT2: as the file transfer goes on I notice the inis in "Coinops 5\game info" are also failing. R8 has about 1900 files in this directory which is way less than 4000ish!

Edited by Shibathedog

What FTP programe are you using ive never had any trouble transfering anything over using FlashFXP

just for the record these game info ini files are just that they give you a small description of games in the rom list highlight a rom press start and choose game

information i dont think they are really needed to play the games if you dont want them

EDIT oh almost forgot i never keep the CoinOPS Read me folder i always delete it before transfering CoinOPS over to my xbox

and ive never had any problems dont think it's really needed in order for the emulator to function

Edited by gamez fan

Okay I think I figured out what happened. I am using FileZilla which is pretty much what I have always used. If this is something that became crappy over time thats fine because im on an old version :P I see no point in messing with it because this is the only thing I use FTP for and it works.

Anyway, when I downloaded some of these updates through jDownloader, I think it tried to extract the rar that contained the update, and the zips within the update folder as well. I noticed there is a zip in the same directory as these folders containing INIs that has all the same INIs in each one. So basically I have the zip, and an extra folder I dont need. I went ahead and deleted the folder.

BUT This "coinops/game info" directory is still a mystery. Im not sure where all of them came from. If its just little extra info tidbits in the emulator im not worried about it.

TIME FOR FIRST BOOT!!! (Im upgrading from coinops 2, holy crap!)

Edited by Shibathedog

It's scanning the games right now. Theres gonna be so much more stuff. I mainly got it for the games though, I probably wont be adding much to it or using a lot of the new features.

EDIT: This is awesome so far! Any reccomended changes to the settings while hooked up to SDTV? It seems pretty ready to go out of the box!

Edited by Shibathedog