Tokyo Cop CHD

iAo

I understand that it is currently not working, I saw this post that was made 3.5 years ago http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/30573-has-anyone-gotten-tokyo-cop-to-work/

It doesn't look like anythings been done to improve upon where it was 3.5 years ago, but if anyone had any information about it I'm really interested. It's a great game and it's a shame its not working for mame.

I suppose substituting another pc bios might work, but given that the cpu is listed as a pentium running at 2GHz, not only is the pentium cpu not fully emulated yet, but it would be as slow as sludge.

I suppose substituting another pc bios might work, but given that the cpu is listed as a pentium running at 2GHz, not only is the pentium cpu not fully emulated yet, but it would be as slow as sludge.

I don't understand why they need to "emulate" something that could be passed directly to the hardware the emulator is running on. I understand the "need" to implement the emulation of it, but a simple check to hand it off it's running on the same architecture just makes sense...why reinvent the wheel, simply for the sake of reinventing the wheel?

Because it isn't emulation.

If you just want to run the game without emulating it, then convert the chd into a hard drive image, put onto a spare hard drive, put it into a spare computer and boot up.