Amigapad

Anyone else tried this Amiga emulator on their jailbroken ipad. I have it on mine and it works pretty well, there a few graphic glitches on some games and certain games cause it to crash out. On the whole though the games that do run are perfect. :)

Jailbreak was dead easy using Evasi0n but it depends what firmware you are running, I don't think the latest 6.1.3 can be jailbroken properly yet but mine is still on 6.1.2. Then it was just a case of downloading the emulator from Cydia. Adding the roms was a bit more difficult but I used a program called iexplore to just drag and drop from my laptop straight onto the ipad in the correct directory.

Couple of screenshots I took

bad2b3287516f5745b82f17bf353797d_zps1c86

ac7976afa91228217bcccd3b9b79db14_zps3e6f

Edited by Superman

Cydia is the app for getting all the emulators and themes etc once your iphone/ipad is jailbroken.

Does it connect to a pre-existing database that holds all the emulators and themes?

Well the emulators are not in there by default you have to manually add the relevent repository sources to the cydia app. Then you can install the emus/files from that particular repository. Its not an easy thing for someone who hasn't done it before but there are videos on youtube and various websites that guide you step by step.

Edited by Superman

Well the emulators are not in there by default you have to manually add the relevent repository sources to the cydia app. Then you can install the emus/files from that particular repository. Its not an easy thing for someone who hasn't done it before but their are videos on youtube and various websites that guide you step by step.

I guess what I'm getting at is would it make sense then to upload the emulators for the iPad/iPhone/iTouch to our Downloads Section? Would people be able to use it and load it to their relevant Apple devices?

I don't think you can do it that way to be honest. You have to do it through the cydia app to install it and the advantage of that is it also tells you when a new version is available and you just click on upgrade button to update it.

Edited by Superman