Welcome back to 1Emulation v6.0!

Hello everyone! It's been a week since 1Emulation was last online. Let's just say we just came back from the upgrade from hell! Miskie and I spent the entire week working with Invision Board Tech Support while optimizing and cleaning up our 11 year old database (remember, 1Emulation started in 2002!) for upgrade. I'm very excited and pleased to say we are back online and better than ever! Unfortunately, we have good news and bad news. Let's start with the good news...

The good news is we're back online! The database has been optimized considerably and we removed over 70MB of old crap that was lingering around. We also successfully installed a new downloads section and are in the process of re-installing the forum attack system. Over the next few weeks, we'll be fully activating the downloads section for public consumption with hundreds of the latest emulators and plugins ready for our community!

The bad news is we found evidence that our forums were hacked several times over the course of about 3 years. We usually keep up with patches, but I guess we weren't fast enough. Though we found no proof that our database was stolen, we want to strongly suggest to all our members to PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS! This is extremely important.

Part of the reason why were offline for so long is we had to meticulously remove the infections from the database that were dropped from SQL injection attacks, as well as deleting various files that were dropped on the server to re-infect the database. I'm happy to say it should all be gone now.

Finally, we also lost some private messages, status messages, forum notifications, and various settings on the forums that were made between November 2012 and March 31st, 2013. Unfortunately, these were unrecoverable. We apologize to our members if they lost anything important.

Over the course of the next few days, we'll be adding a brand new design for 1Emulation v6.0, as well as some more improvements. We also have installed a new backend system to control and limit the spammers who register on the forums.

Thanks guys! Can someone do me a favor and update the 1emulation.com group on Facebook and tell them we're back online? I'd really appreciate it. We got to get our veterans back here first lol :)

Thanks guys! Can someone do me a favor and update the 1emulation.com group on Facebook and tell them we're back online? I'd really appreciate it. We got to get our veterans back here first lol :-)

I was admin of that page but left facebook. Idan has admin privileges.

Thanks guys! Can someone do me a favor and update the 1emulation.com group on Facebook and tell them we're back online? I'd really appreciate it. We got to get our veterans back here first lol :-)

Done