Do none of you guys care about the Blogs feature here?

Alpha

It costs me about $15/year for the Blogs support here on 1Emulation, but no one has made a blog post in a year! Why don't you guys use it? What would make you use it? I'm considering to use it again myself, but would like to know your thoughts. :)

I'm sure I dont.

It distracts away from the forum in the first place, and its role (putting you as an "orator" against an audience) is more easily fulfilled as threads (with 'peers').

The problem with IP's blogging system is it does not easily cover the type of use it would be most popular with and there's no indication that will change before at least v4 (where blog-only sites will be possible, though still with the current limitations).

I have my own blog, its doing well nearly 1'500 hits per month, minimum of 30 hits per day.

Before the web went mainstream and anyone could just start hammering stuff up you could make a bit of cash for random ass stuff. Now you cant.

I dont like to call it a blog, more "my site." But since im stuck on blogspot I have to reluctantly accept that im a blogger.

Everyone's a genius now, or comedian.

I have my own blog, its doing well nearly 1'500 hits per month, minimum of 30 hits per day.

Before the web went mainstream and anyone could just start hammering stuff up you could make a bit of cash for random ass stuff. Now you cant.

I dont like to call it a blog, more "my site." But since im stuck on blogspot I have to reluctantly accept that im a blogger.

Everyone's a genius now, or comedian.

What blog is that? Also, you're totally right about "everyone being a genius or comedian" now. With the rise of Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram -- people's ego's have gone out of control. Everybody is acting like a superstar and it's seeped into every aspect of relationships and conversations in general.

EDIT: $15/year is not a big deal for me. Ultimately, I'll probably keep the blogs for the sake of not having to delete content on 1emulation. Overall though, it would be nice to see future developers, emulator authors, and our users in general to use it more.

And one last thing, Cinder is right and that in many ways -- it does take from the forums. But I still feel like it's much too late to go and delete it. I'm just glad we never had a Shoutbox here :lol: .... If I could go back in time, I also would have never made an IRC channel, so we could keep the discussion on the forums.

What blog is that? Also, you're totally right about "everyone being a genius or comedian" now. With the rise of Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram -- people's ego's have gone out of control. Everybody is acting like a superstar and it's seeped into every aspect of relationships and conversations in general.

Just search neocream you'll find it buddy :P

I know a lot of people like their Iphones but that shit is way out of hand, people are fucking glued to their phone. I was walking through town and heard two people talking about Iphones as I strolled about. They really dont see how trapped they are.

I quit facebook as it was sucking me in and found my self spending an hour just refreshing or some shit.

It didnt help i was in low mood, so blam, deleted it.

The web is that keyed in with peopels every day lifes it is changing them into fucking idiots and they dont even know it becasue they think they are being clever when in fact they are wasting fucking time.

I like my web old school, forums, and what not.

Logging in to every form of website known to man and tapping out bollocks over and over again..................

Edited by emsley

Just search neocream you'll find it buddy :P

I know a lot of people like their Iphones but that shit is way out of hand, people are fucking glued to their phone. I was walking through town and heard two people talking about Iphones as I strolled about. They really dont see how trapped they are.

I quit facebook as it was sucking me in and found my self spending an hour just refreshing or some shit.

It didnt help i was in low mood, so blam, deleted it.

The web is that keyed in with peopels every day lifes it is changing them into fucking idiots and they dont even know it becasue they think they are being clever when in fact they are wasting fucking time.

I like my web old school, forums, and what not.

Logging in to every form of website known to man and tapping out bollocks over and over again..................

Oh wow, I remember neocream very well. Had no idea it still existed! :)

Many traffic accidents today are happening from texting and driving. I see it all the time when I'm on the road and that people have their phones literally sitting on their laps.

Not to mention, when I see someone walking and texting, I think I'm looking at a modern day zombie.

I don't blame for you deleting your Facebook. There needs to be a national world holiday that we turn all electronics off and are forced to go outside and meet people.

Forums > Facebook? I totally agree. The main reason? The power of using a username over your real name. Less consequences and more freedom to say what you truly believe.

Forums > Facebook? I totally agree. The main reason? The power of using a username over your real name. Less consequences and more freedom to say what you truly believe.

Precisely, although I have always used my second name for places I visit regularly.