Do you use Gumtree? selling bikes stuff etc?

emsley

Gumtree is well used and known in the UK.

You can advertise for free and if you keep your common sense about you, you'll be fine.

Last year I sold a scooter for £700 after forking out for a new battery and starter regulator for the bike.

A carb clean, brake checks etc.

That sold within two days, no tax, no MOT just checked the prices on ebay and gumtree and hit the middle spot for the price. (made %100 profit)

Trying to shift another bike now and it's just not happening, off field bike that sells for £850 Brand new.

Did some searching for the second hand prices and found they dont sell for any lower than £400 if fully working requiring no work and in good condition. Some of the second hand ones were in worse condition than mine on ebay/gumtree.

Makes me wonder if people using gumtree are just looking for total bargains instead of paying a fair going rate?

Here is an email i got today for the bike, I kid you not its like it brings out all the chavs.

hi ime just wonting to no if you still got your pit for sale mate

wot the least you would take for it pal I do realy wont it but 400 a little to much

Im not one to poke at spelling, but when you're selling something you just want that little bit of reassurance they actually have a little bit of intel. Every email has been like this, I even lost my patience with one of them and told him to fuck off!

Im a bad lad sometimes but if I see something I want I bid i dont ask questions, sellers want bids not 20 questions!

Ill ask a few questions in my first email and after that ill go look at it with the cash...

Public selling is dodgy.

Edited by Alpha

Here is an email i got today for the bike, I kid you not its like it brings out all the chavs.

hi ime just wonting to no if you still got your pit for sale mate

wot the least you would take for it pal I do realy wont it but 400 a little to much

Im not one to poke at spelling, but when you're selling something you just want that little bit of reassurance they actually have a little bit of intel. Every email has been like this, I even lost my patience with one of them and told him to fuck off!

Im a bad lad sometimes but if I see something I want I bid i dont ask questions, sellers want bids not 20 questions!

Ill ask a few questions in my first email and after that ill go look at it with the cash...

Public selling is dodgy.

I've never heard of gumtree either. That seller sounds idiotic. I wouldn't deal with him with a 10 foot poll. Anyway, did you sell the bike?

Havn't sold the bike yet, I must of hit a dud but gumtree normally sells quite quickly.

I double checked ebay and other gumtree adds, and there is no way this bike is selling for less than 400 fully working like mine is.

z140_11.png

Like I say £770 brand new without delivery in the UK.

A saving of nearly 400 quid and the tight buggers wont bid!

Havn't sold the bike yet, I must of hit a dud but gumtree normally sells quite quickly.

I double checked ebay and other gumtree adds, and there is no way this bike is selling for less than 400 fully working like mine is.

z140_11.png

Like I say £770 brand new without delivery in the UK.

A saving of nearly 400 quid and the tight buggers wont bid!

This whole time I thought you were talking about selling a bicycle :lol:... not a motorcycle! Looks pretty sweet.