Should we close down?

Robert

Should we close down  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems like the only way to become mega popular is to become host to important projects (like coinops, the NDS stuff we where in magazine for remember?!, etc.)

Whenever I google stuff about emulation I pretty regularly come across posts from these forums, so it seems like we are a pretty valuable source of information. I guess worst case scenario we convert to a wiki? I don't think there is any reasonable way to do this though so I say we push onwards.

Hosting ROMs and such would be an awesome idea. It IS dangerous as you said. Why not take advantage of the lack of easy to use usenet index sites right now and host NZBs to emulation related material? That way nothing is actually hosted here.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the only way to become mega popular is to become host to important projects (like coinops, the NDS stuff we where in magazine for remember?!, etc.)

Whenever I google stuff about emulation I pretty regularly come across posts from these forums, so it seems like we are a pretty valuable source of information. I guess worst case scenario we convert to a wiki? I don't think there is any reasonable way to do this though so I say we push onwards.

Hosting ROMs and such would be an awesome idea. It IS dangerous as you said. Why not take advantage of the lack of easy to use usenet index sites right now and host NZBs to emulation related material? That way nothing is actually hosted here.

If we hosted anything, we'd be fine. I'm not going to host anything illegal here, period. But I do strongly believe if we host legal emulators, it will be the answer we're looking for. I'm just waiting on help from the server side stuff though with miskie. Unfortunately, I have very limited access to the server to do what needs to be done to make the site ready for the next big update.

We need breasts...tits or gtfo.

Actually I don't know, emulation itself is just plain in a lul, nothing big...nothing exciting.

Tits are always exciting though...

Yay! You're back Cinder! Don't forget to keep a bookmark of 1emu in close proximity hehe :D