CoinOPS 5 Countdown

gamez fan

ach BP it's all just a little fun thats what this scene needs

To my old site the community quality or quantity doesn't matter it's only a few losers talking to themselves..... you are your own community so from my .gf assessment from girl's point a view you are master debaitier s ..... lol good call.... if you banned anyone there wouldn't be anything lol it's funny cause its.true.... sorry just telling someone it's fun and all but it's just playing with ourselves....we know you is the community.....complain cry all you like I love the community here and it should be the largest coins.community ever with days....

this did make me chuckle master-baters :lol:

master debaitier s .....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity I missed it :-D

welcome back, I see you have been busy helping with getting coinops into shape.

Now, I just had a look at that forum, had to laugh, it's like a bunch of starving puppy dogs wanting to get fed.... 'where can i get it?'...'when can i get it?'... 'when is the torrent gonna be ready?'...'i want it now, can't wait..'... funny stuff.

a women once told me its not quantity but quality that counts or was it quantity over quality :-) anyway just cos somethings popular doesnt make it the best

It's not hard for a project to be popular when it's the only thing you're allowed to talk about :lol:. Elsewhere in the scene, there is genuine development and innovation happening; the Saturn and Jaguar are now emulated for the first time on the Xbox, madmab's releases continue to add new core features to existing emulators, and his huge improvements to the PSX and SNES emulators deserve mention alone. But you won't hear about of any of this over on the CoinOPS forum. Because CoinOPS will never come close to this; it's just a big con job with a bunch of old outdated emulators hacked together under a fancy UI designed to make it appear as if it's something new and innovative.

The last time I looked at the CoinOPS site (which was some time ago) it was exactly as Robert described, a bunch of 2-post nobodies all begging and clamouring for the next minor release. This is not a community. The Xbox scene outside of CoinOPS may or may not be smaller in number but those of us here and at emuxtras with a genuine interest in emulation and in contributing to those projects that are still pushing the boundaries of the platform are worth ten-fold more than a whole forum of CoinOPS leeches and beggars.

the guy only wanted to know when coinops 5 was due out i guess he wont ask again :)

alexis524 wrote:

Removed as troll ing B P

BP,

i meant no harm in my post, honest. icon_e_sad.gif

i can asure you, i'm no troll ( i have neither the time or immaturity), just an appreciative fan is all. My sincere apologies. if there is anything i can do to help the project along, please pm me as i'm more than willing.

pending release info

Well it is almost release time, please do not keep asking questions about "when, where and how" CoinOPS 5 will be released... I will update this topic where possible.

Release If I do not here from out last releaser by Thursday I have another "annoymous" releaser waiting in the winds who has ready to download, package, test package, upload to FTP and release...

Our previous releaser is a very busy guy.

NOTE: BP might of finished or is nearfinishing his bit but there is still a lot of work to be done... Just because BP states its done this does not mean it has been publicly release.

This can take upto 2-3 weeks to release once BP has done his bit...

To Do List

Download from the FTP

Description and change logs / screenshots all need to be created.

Rar Packaging

Rar unpack test

reupload back to FTP

Release onto UG

On that note when it is out when its out... There SHOULD be the following versions: (but dont quote me as it is subject to change)

Standalone release (with locks, This is ONLY for those who dont want to download it all and know exactly how to add the bits n bobs etc... Not recommended for beginners So we will not want to see threads asking what to do)

Lite Version for stock machines (We will also need to write a description for this)

Full release (My fav version.... just drag and drop to F: or G:)

ALL THE ABOVE INFO IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Edited by gamez fan

the guy only wanted to know when coinops 5 was due out i guess he wont ask again :-)

alexis524 wrote:

Removed as troll ing B P

BP,

i meant no harm in my post, honest. icon_e_sad.gif

i can asure you, i'm no troll ( i have neither the time or immaturity), just an appreciative fan is all. My sincere apologies. if there is anything i can do to help the project along, please pm me as i'm more than willing.

Wow. I don't know if I must laugh or pity when I see such behaviors. It looks like some people don't have enough pride or self-esteem.I don't know.

So these new games in Con-oops S. are only hacks ? That's what I smelt.

In definitive end-users will get a pale copy of the current FBL skin. With the previous version you earned the possibility to change the background picture.

Well, I appreciate the effort. Things are evolving. Slowly but surely. :-D

Edited by waal

Pity I missed it :-D

Now, I just had a look at that forum, had to laugh, it's like a bunch of starving puppy dogs wanting to get fed....

My post was a request to stop the personal stuff. The post I was referencing was edited before I completed my response to it.

In the end, I think this is whole thing is about playing games and having fun. It shouldn't be personal.

Elsewhere in the scene, there is genuine development and innovation happening; the Saturn and Jaguar are now emulated for the first time on the Xbox, madmab's releases continue to add new core features to existing emulators, and his huge improvements to the PSX and SNES emulators deserve mention alone. But you won't hear about of any of this over on the CoinOPS forum. Because CoinOPS will never come close to this; it's just a big con job with a bunch of old outdated emulators hacked together under a fancy UI designed to make it appear as if it's something new and innovative.

The last time I looked at the CoinOPS site (which was some time ago) it was exactly as Robert described, a bunch of 2-post nobodies all begging and clamouring for the next minor release. This is not a community. The Xbox scene outside of CoinOPS may or may not be smaller in number but those of us here and at emuxtras with a genuine interest in emulation and in contributing to those projects that are still pushing the boundaries of the platform are worth ten-fold more than a whole forum of CoinOPS leeches and beggars.

I come here now and again to read up on what is happing in the general scene. I like to read fumanchu's news posts and see what else is going on. I appreciate that there are folks here and on other sites continuing to push the boundaries of Emulation on the xBox. I still occasionally use standalone emus but mostly on PC or x360 because xBox 1 is just not powerful enough for some emulation and I'm not interested in playing games with significant speed and sound issues. I should know better than to come to this part of the forum because threads like this just make me sad.

I don't agree that CoinOPS is a "con job". The simple and elegant unified UI and cab specific features make it so my kids and wife can have fun playing games without me having to spend hours messing around with skins and roms as well as trying to make something that resembles a PC emulation front end in XBMC4XBOX. Does that make me a leech, beggar, starving puppy, nobody or other insult I could grab from this thread if I went back more than just this page? Maybe to some of y'all it does...

As far as the current CoinOPs site not being a community, I don't agree. While I spend most of my time in the hardware section because I like helping folks build xBox powered cabs, there are active discussions with many folks volunteering in the private forum.

I have a bunch more I want to say but it is mostly related to trying to make things better in the fractured scene and having seen the flame wars I know that it is a waste of time. If I had a magic wand, I would bring it all together again. I appreciate all the work the various devs have put into emulation on the PC as a foundation and then xBox and x360 but I spend most of my gaming time in CoinOPs and I appreciate what BP continues to do with the project.

To all "sides" of this conflict: can we please stop the personal insults?

I remember when BP threatened to ban gamez fan from his site unless he came on here and posted almost exactly this ^^. And now you seem to have members being banned out of paranoia in case they may have something to do with this forum or any of the many others that BP has been kicked out of. In fact, if the old rules are still in force, I believe you are risking a ban yourself by even sharing your views here. That's your community. You may not have fallen foul of it yourself yet, but give it time. ;)

It would take more than a magic wand to bring the scene together, because no Xbox developer that I'm aware of would have anything to do with BP or CoinOPS. This is on account of his behaviour and attitudes, both past and present. I won't blame you if you don't want to trawl through the sad history of this whole affair to familiarise yourself with it, but for those of us who actually care about the integrity of the scene and respect for the work of others, the fact that CoinOPS may make gaming easier for our kids is of little consolation.