Xbox soft mod questions.

mclebron23

Hi, My name is Mike and 'm new to the forums.

Let me start off by saying I'm clueless when it comes to emulators and modding. I'm about to have my xbox soft modded with a bunch of eulators installed to it.

Heres a video of the mod (same guy thats modding it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmoQZhoBidk&feature=player_embedded

Here are My questions.

1. How many games will be installed onto the xbox?

2. How many console games (nes,snes,genesis/ps1,ectect) will be installed on this mod? Will every game from whatever console that is installed, be playable?

3. How is the quality of emulation compared to original hardware or XBLA emulation.

4. Do I have to play in Standard deff since its an original xbox?

5. Can this mod be done on other consoles? If so, which ones?

Thats all for now. Just want to know these things before paying to have this done. I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Mike

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoinOPS is not a "mod". It's just a program that launches emulators. Presumably whoever's modding it for you is planning to make CoinOPS your dashboard, which severely restricts you in terms of getting the most from your modded Xbox. For example, unless you have a real dashboard, you will be unable to rip Xbox games to your hard drive or have any choice in what emulators you are using. Many of the emulators used in CoinOPS are old versions, lacking the features and compatibility of newer releases. In any case, here are the best answers I can give to your questions:

1. You will have to ask the person that's modding it for you.

2. Same as above.

3. Emulation quality is excellent for most older systems. It depends which emulators you're using, there are several available. In most cases emulators on the Xbox provides you with even more options and configuration settings than you will find on XBLA; particularly madmab's emulators which are about the most feature-packed emulators you will find on any system.

4. No, most Xbox emulators support play in 720p or 1080i. The launcher in the video you posted only supports 720p so if you want full 1080i you will need to use madmab's emulators.

5. Again, CoinOPS is not a "mod" but I have no idea whether or not it's been ported to other systems. I would guess not.

Ok, thanks for the info. Kind of disappointed to hear that I wont get the most out of the xbox. The guy was charging around $100 for the whole xbox with coinops.

Anyway, Do you know ANYONE here or on other forums that does Mods like this, that can literally get my all the best emulators on an xbox? I cant seem to find any threads or people that sell these services. PM me if you want, I would appreciate it.

Mike

Edited by mclebron23

@+ T +...How would I know if someones xbox mod on ISO zone is better than the guy I was originally going to get it from?

Heres the ISO mod/thread http://theisozone.co...tem-1f4d4d664b/

Heres another... http://theisozone.co...tem-1f385b668a/

And heres the thread from the guy I was going to get it from (video I posted) http://www.atariage....-free-mcboothd/ He seems like a very nice guy btw.

Now, since you're the expert, can you do me a big favor and read that guys thread and the other two guys from ISO, and explain to me how each softmod is different, and witch is the best? I would really appreciate a ton. I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff and I just want to get the best softmod with most games/emulators.

Mike.

Edited by mclebron23

Sorry for the late reply, I was sleeping lol. Ok, I just read the 4 posts. Its seems to me that the soft mod is a simple thing if you know what you're doing. The guy said Ur basiclly charging for the xbox and with upgraded HDD.

TSOP, seems like a better choice. So should I go with the second link for $160? or the softmod for $100?

BTW, what does "TSOP' stand for?

Thanks for your help. Mike

Edited by mclebron23

cant really advise ya either way both options have their upsides and downsides i have both types but prefer TSOP

plus im sitting on the fence here as i dont want the blame if something goes wrong with the sale :lol:

BTW TSOP is short for Thin small outline package

Do both options have all games from all consoles? Does one have the ability to have more games than the other?

Thanks

I messaged the sellers asking the differences just to see what they say. I'll post back with what they say.

Edited by mclebron23