What emus do you use?

Weirdy

What I wanna know is what emulators you guys use for emulating certain games and what options do you set for them to play the way you want em to look.

I'll start...

for neogeo emulation, I like to use my compiled Mame32plus(plays rotd, svc, mslug4, kof2001/2002, etc, etc). For the settings, I use D3D rendering with Texture management checked, rotate effects is checked too, prescale on auto, scanline intensity at 100%. I also use triple buffering, no stretching(D3D does that for you)...640-480 res. and for image enhancement I use Kreed's 2xSal. And like that the games look superb on full screen and doesn't even look stretched even though it is.

For cps2, I use Final Burn Alpha. I use D3D with that one as well...with RGB effects, triple buffering, hq4x filter on the soft fx algorithm. And no bi-linear filter cause that just makes the games look fuzzy.

for snes, I use snes9x, for nes, I use fceu, for zn and zn2 capcom games I use zinc(cause they don't play on mame yet), for genesis, mastersystem, and sega cd I use gens. For Killer Instinct, I like to use an old version of U64 emu cause I hate HLE.

...and...thats about it...

of course your post doesn't have to be as detailed as mine if you don't want it to, but just say what your fav. emu is for certain things <_<

Well, Weirdanzeige, your choices are the same as mine except for your neogeo/cps2/cps1 choices. I use a hacked winkawaks(actually a loader) for all those games(including the new games like mslug4, svc, rotd etc) Nice to have one emulator for all those games, and winkawaks seems to run everything quite well and fast, even with the supereagle video blitter that i use.

Here's my choice emulators for systems that you didn't mention.

For the GBA, I use Visual Boy Advance. Every game I played on it runs great.

For model 2 games I use the Neblua model 2 emulator, as it's the only choice for those games.

For the N64, I mostly use Project64 with the sp1 service pack. For the plugins, I use Jabo's newest. For a few N64 games, I also use 1964(can't wait for the new version!!!!).

And for the Sony Playstation, I use epsxe with pete's newest plugins for video, sound, and input.

That's all for me.

ok heres my list

neo geo i use mame and neorage i would use only mame but im a little slow on recompiling roms to play right like SVC or PIM if weird would hook me up then i would use mame all the time

csp1/2 FBAor MAME

SNES Zsnes is the only way to fly

NES i use just about all of them diff ones work for diff things

Genesis gens hands down best genesis emu out

GBA visual boy advance

TG-16 magic engine

PSX VGS or espxe(whenever it will work on my system)

Neorage all the way for MY neogeo. too bad some of the new roms have trouble w/ it. namely svc. bleh

im on an ancient PC so dont expect high-end stuff ;)

Neogeo and CPS1/2 - FBA - this emu just turned NRX (my former favorite) to a plain test emu.

Nintendo Stuff:

GB/C - BGB emu, GBC emulation on VBA works fine, its just faster here though less compatible, but hey, it still has a high compatiblity rate overall.

SNES - ZSNES/SNES9x - i use both for playing and testing stuff. i barely play SNES emus nowadays though

NES - ViruaNES/FCEUltra - as above i barely play NES emus nowadays. might not be as good as a newer NES emu named Nestopia but hey, for a low-end, it works wonders and more than expected :(

Sega Stuff:

Genesis/SegaCD - Gens, im open to try other emus though (except the older DOS emus).

8-bit systems (Master System/Gamegear) - Dega/Meka - i play Dega the most between the 2. Meka is more accurate (actually the most accurate Sega 8-bit emu) so its there when i need to test stuff. Meka runs full speed as well on my PC (tweaking applied)

Edited by Xeon