Arc The Lad 1 to 2, Conversion.... Is it possible?

Hello everyone,

I recently had a little time to play games and I got all 4 romancing stones, as well as at least 1 of every accessory and level 60 on all of the characters. (I didn't realize I could have been leveling the summons instead of the usless NPC Chongra becomes in 2..... my bad).

So... after a little tinkering I realized that I could delete the 2nd memory card for Arc the Lad II and copy my memory card from ATLI and rename it so it will show up in II.

I start ATL II up and I choose convert. On the 2nd memory card, it shows my "finished" save, and the other saves that weren't finished say "game not finished", or something like that, and they're not selectable. (So far, so good.... right?)

I choose my finished save. For a few moments it says "loading", but then it says "checking memory card" and goes right back to the list of saves.

I assume this isn't working right because I hear that you should be able to start the 2nd game straight from this option when it accepts the conversion. I'm too afraid to play through 20 or so hours of gameplay only to find out it didn't work, since there are no early indicators in the game.

Has anybody ever had any luck doing the conversion on the XBox?

I'm using the Madmab version of PCSXBox that was out around 3 years ago when my sets were first released to the public.

THANKS!!!!!!

Have you tried it on any PC emulators to see if it works? I don't know if memory card files are cross-compatible with different emulators, but if you really wanted to be sure, perhaps you could download a complete save file and then try converting it through ePSXe or something just to see what's supposed to happen when it works correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey T,

I forgot how to do a lot of that stuff on the PC after I left the scene.

All I know is that I'm playing two PSX games in what I believe to be the latest Madmab Edition release of XPORTs PSX emu for the XBox. It seems that I can copy the memory card (*.mcd) from the first game to the second easily by renaming it, and Arc the Lad II recognizes it and all the saves on it, but it just won't load the save and copy the data to the new game.

It's all done within the one emulator though.

It's just really a bummer since I spent so many hours making sure I got everything important in the first game. There are scenes and quests you can't even attempt in the later two games if you didn't get everything in the first game. It's really cool that the 3 games are tied so close together, but not so cool if you're using an emulator that isn't designed to make this feature possible.

Edited by ressurectionx

I'm using the Madmab version of PCSXBox that was out around 3 years ago when my sets were first released to the public.

That's very, very old at this point. Madmab has done a LOT of updates to the cores that improves playability of a number of games. I used to hate PCSXbox, but its great now. You should check it out.

Would love to..... I'm not on the "friend's list" anymore..... I wouldn't have an idea where to find it. Thanks for the tip though Phil.....

BTW... if you're looking for good PSX Role Playing action, Azure Dreams is a great way to burn a week's worth of free time. Even though it's like 15 years old now, it is so different from anything I played before that it keeps me coming back for more.

Just starting to "sand" my shield and hoping I can get a "Trained Wand" to start sanding..... I've got a few of the rare monsters to summon, but looking forward to having the REALLY rare ones on the higher floors. :)