Theyre watching everything!

Shoma

So Im a fan of Game of Thrones and i missed the last episode.

So instead of checking my onDemand like good smart person, I went ahead and downloaded the torrent of that episode.

NOw days later i get later informing me about infringement laws regarding a "games of Throne' episode that was downloaded.

Which must mean my Comcast is watching my downloads but how does this work? IS there a red flag that comes up if itype in Games of thrones and torrent together? Was the video file itself bugged? or how did they even find out?

Someone lend me some insight

Well when you say comcast it's not suprising, they're known to monitor internet activity. How they found out though and emailed you is beyond my knowledge.

Start downloading lesser popular shows.

Alternatively, stop using torrents, find HTTP downloads, and then rename the file you're downloading to something random. For example, if you download a file from Rapidshare called "ExampleShow720ps03e04.avi", rename it to sidfrhasuofbnuodnf.avi.

Start downloading lesser popular shows.

Alternatively, stop using torrents, find HTTP downloads, and then rename the file you're downloading to something random. For example, if you download a file from Rapidshare called "ExampleShow720ps03e04.avi", rename it to sidfrhasuofbnuodnf.avi.

YA know you make a point because ive been dl'ing anime for years and never had a problem. perhaps the popularity is the key.

I guess ive been spoiled by the top speeds of tor. I start looking for http type resources.

By rights monitoring what you download is a privacy infringement but only when it suits the cocksuckers. If they can do that im 100% sure they can see what you look at and tap down. You all think its not happening but it is. they know. And anytime the fuzz want access to your shit they can.

In the UK though they NEED to get a written letter from a judge to inspect your shit. they can look at your stuff BUT they cant shove it in your face just yet as evidence in court.

The download stuff is old hat though still fuckign annoying, Ill download what i want ass hats!

quit monitoring my shit.

I thought you yanks had stopped SOPA/All forms of media censorship for now? Obviously not.

I just caught a glimpse of max payne 3 on piratebay for the PC the fucker is 29GIG in size im not touching it with a barge poll. If it had been a smaller file size i would of gone for it.

Tell big brother to go fuck it's self.

Edited by emsley

I know a few years ago there was a whole bunch of leaked emails from some company involved in work for the 'big brothers' published on some site (it isn't there any more). Basically, they have had a patch added to many trackers to send them a list of who downloaded what. I don't know if it was done with or without the cooperation of the owners of the trackers. So they always know what you are doing - no privacy there. Now, mostly they don't have time to go after downloaders of old stuff, but they certainly will be after ppl who grab stuff that still makes them a lot of money.

You're lucky you only got a letter - often the first you'll hear of it is a court summons or nasty demands for $k.

Use a blocklist.

They copyright holder simply seeds their own stuff, and watch the IP's that DL it at what time. Then send the ISP an infringement message.The ISP looks who had what IP at what time and send you an email. Easy.

Use a blocklist.

They copyright holder simply seeds their own stuff, and watch the IP's that DL it at what time. Then send the ISP an infringement message.The ISP looks who had what IP at what time and send you an email. Easy.

Elaborate Silva

Here

http://bluetack.co.u...showtopic=20209

and here

http://blocklistpro....-level1zip.html

Used to be free, but now you must make a small (at least $3?) donation to download the filters.

Those 2 sites are the same crew (B.I.S.S.)

added: Another thought, if these guys are so strapped for cash then people must be using another method, or means to get this file..?

I do not know this information, though, anybody else knows?

The IP Filter file is just a big list of IP's known to be (possibly) associated with tracking people, and all sorts of other filters too.

You configure your torrent program with this filter file (pretty sure most of the popular ones support this)

It cannot be guarenteed that you would not receive another infringement message. However this would be the best way to try and avoid them if you wish to continue using torrent.

Addd2: A final thought, perhaps its the fact that as you are downloading the file, you are actually uploading it from your IP to (seeding) which is the realy illegal part. There is a lovelly hacked Vuze client program which allows you to disable uploading, might be a good idea to use this also.

Disclaimer: I could be completely wrong with all this info, take it with a grain of salt..

Hope its usefull...

Edited by silVa