Anyone else think Killzone 3 sucked compared to Killzone2?

I got Killzone 3 pretty cheap, I really liked Killzone 2 apart from the end boss fight and a few cheap sections here and there.

I think im about half way through the game and its not as good as KZ2.

One of the levels was totally broken - Im driving one of those robot things and I kept getting the shit kicked out of me, to get past this level I had to stand back take out the targets from distance then slowly move in and take out the larger guns one at a time with total fluke shots.

And whats with the "sneaking" level - the environments are bland, when action kicks off it appears to be total luck if you make it or get brought back to life by a squad mate.

Not impressed so far.

• Like 1

I played the beta and said I'd pass on that one. PS3 isn't exactly my favorite system. I liked resistance better than killzone series.

I actually like Killzone 3 better. Enemy AI is more tolerable, and no more endless waves of mooks until you get past a certain trigger. Not that Killzone 2 is bad, it's just very difficult for me.

I actually like Killzone 3 better. Enemy AI is more tolerable, and no more endless waves of mooks until you get past a certain trigger. Not that Killzone 2 is bad, it's just very difficult for me.

I dont get that Agozer.

Kz2 to me was a pallet of joy.

Sure there was a few ropey missions n all that, but overall...

I think the the third one was just pampered to that bullshit wand thing they move around, in turn it removed its roots.

I cant hit shit in this game, there is no way NO fucking way after playing FPS for 10 years I cant hit a target?? Whatever!

I play it, and i got to do shit in sections and chess peace the moves! in Kz2 you just went at it.

I hate my character in kz3 want him to die of rabies.

I don't know, maybe I just suck at Killzone. I feel more at home with FPSes with more "balls-to-the-wall" approach, like Bulletstorm, and to a degree F.E.A.R -- although F.E.A.R. is mor eakin to Killzone. Perhaps I don't like FPSes that emphasis the use of cover and storming from place to place as much.

Towards the end Killzone turn into a slaughterfest, with me being on the receiving end. I'm stuck in this one portion just (I guess) near the end. The parts with the near invincible gatling gun mooks were also rage-inducing for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just restarted this game (kill zone 3) and so far my reaction is favorable. I liked the opening mission and was surprised at how terrible my aim was but yet I still managed to come through it. Gonna keep at this one for another week.

I just restarted this game (kill zone 3) and so far my reaction is favorable. I liked the opening mission and was surprised at how terrible my aim was but yet I still managed to come through it. Gonna keep at this one for another week.

Better of playing KZ2 mate. :P