Would you try fish and chips?

emsley

A lot yanks on here will of heard of fish and chips.

But I was wondering as english food is pretty much disliked world wide, could you stomach some hearty fresh haddock in batter and chips caked in salt and vinigar, with a choice topping of curry, gravy or mushy peas?

fishandchips1.jpg

Edited by emsley

i used to love a fish supper but where i live seems you cant get a decent one anymore for 2 reasons

1) they use this horrible long life cooking oil it does all sorts of tricks with my stomach and bowels :) chippy food should always be cooked in beef dripping or lard

2) back in the day most chippies or greasy spoon cafes were owned by italians where i live every chippie was like that

ill say one thing about the italians they knew how to make good chippie grub but nowadays its the kebab shop crew that

have taken over all the chippies in my area and the food has went right downhill

It's true, the chips used to look and taste much better than they do today.

Used to have a real nice chip shop near my school. At lunchtime, we would climb over the school walls, so to avoid the head teacher, who would patrol the school entrance. He later found out what we were doing during our lunch time, and came to the chip shop one time. Good thing we had those concrete pillars on the estate to hide behind! :lol:

have taken over all the chippies in my area and the food has went right downhill

We cant talk about that we might be racist ;)

It's true, the chips used to look and taste much better than they do today.

Used to have a real nice chip shop near my school. At lunchtime, we would climb over the school walls, so to avoid the head teacher, who would patrol the school entrance. He later found out what we were doing during our lunch time, and came to the chip shop one time. Good thing we had those concrete pillars on the estate to hide behind! :lol:

Ha! Same here when we had "middle schools" me and my cousin and a few others would sneak off with our dinner money and get fishcake butties, screw school dinners!

Plenty of restuarants sell fish and chips here in the states. Though it's just a fried fish with fries.

My buddy went to florida and had american style F&C he said it wiped the floor with our best..

I FUCKING LOVE FISH AND CHIPS!!! Its the Vinegar that makes it, Ill eat it on my fries from time to time even at a steak joint

A hearty eater if ever there was one.

I would try it, we have it here in canada but they make it more breaded than fish.

You have to try it to be in the gang.

I dont care for fish but when ever there is fish and chip available I jump at it , if done proper its so good

Solid, I thought you might of been one of the "fuck that shit!" crew haha

Can't beat a nice plate of fish and chips.

Eye supes - we live in the same area more or less... My local chippy is quality, but the places I would venture to are murgatroyds, That chippy on way to east coast scarbrough and what not, and the one in filey with the fisherman statue out side. Harry ramsdens started to suck.