Coinops 4 Locks

Emu Newbie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know what the fuss is... just be patient and wait for the lite version or standalone. I know everyone is excited by CoinOps 4's release, but all this fuss over the locks is not helping matters. (This is nothing new and has been discussed ad infinitum).

I think it's a valid discussion, especially if it leads to experimentation and constructive ways around the problem. Nobody as far as I can tell is just making a fuss here; what we have are suggestions and solutions to something that seems to be affecting more than a few users. The only reason I can think of not to discuss these things is because it might annoy BP, and that's no valid reason at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up coinops 4 and I removed all of the console games (I enjoy CO4 just as an arcade experience) and I'm assuming that I'm running into a lock. Every time I click on a game the screen goes black and then it just loads the rom selection menu again.

Anybody have any suggestions/tips?

I can't find any info about the lock in the read-me.

Thanks!

I have the same problem

1.Install CoinOPS 4 Lite

2.Copy roms CoinOPS 3 in 4 Lite

Result: Every time I click on a game the screen goes black and Then it just loads the rom selection menu again.

another test

1.Install CoinOPS 4 R3

2.Copy roms CoinOPS 3 in 4 R3

Result: Every time I click on a game the screen goes black and Then it just loads the rom selection menu again.

how I can fix the error?

is by blockade?

Thanks

sorry for my English XD

Edited by stivenkosner

both versions you are trying have locks enabled there's nothing you can do to fix this

unless you follow the guides posted here

coinops 4 lite

156 roms you can remove 30 or add 50 add anymore than 50 the locks enable and emu wont work

coinops 4 r3

must have coinops 4 full with at least 3000 roms in your set or this update wont work

Edited by gamez fan

the only solution is to wait for new release CoinOPS 4 not blocked?

well according to BritneysPAIRS there will never be another unlocked standalone ever so i guess you miss out unfortunatly

Edited by gamez fan

the only solution is to wait for new release CoinOPS 4 not blocked?

well according to BritneysPAIRS there will never be another unlocked standalone ever so i guess you miss out unfortunatly

Then to be able to put my roms CoinOPS 3 full in Coinops 4 alone one can with "hacks"

i wouldnt bother with the hacks if i was you just stick with your coinops 3 set for now maybe if you go over to the other site and

ask BritneysPAIRS to help you maybe he will sort something out for you

Edited by gamez fan