Coinops 4 Locks

Emu Newbie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm alot of talk about revenge and traps at the moment the your xbox is watching you comments kinda got me thinking there once was a phrase

used what was it again yeah write to bios and erase your xbox HDD ive never forgot that so that might be the punishment for using a locked version

of coinops that you unlock yourself think ill just leave coinops for the moment till i see guarantees that wont happen there's no way im using a product if it could have the potential to harm my xbox

really whats this all about i just wanna play a few arcade games on my xbox for fuck sake

EDIT::: i think il be sneaky and sit back and wait to see what happens to other emu users who unlock coinops 4

Edited by gamez fan

Well, while don't think there's a need to dig up phrases from the past, on the current situation I will say that I don't think any developer would be stupid enough to turn their software into a virus that messes with BIOS and erases HDDs. The userbase would plummet overnight; I know of people that still won't touch CoinOPS purely because of those comments.

In my opinion there are no such "traps" nor will there ever be, and when Emu Newbie shares his info on how to unlock CoinOPS 4, I've no doubt that users can do so without any fear of such consequences.

well im sorry for digging up past comments its just when i read a statement that your xbox is keeping and eye on you maybe i got the wrong end of the stick

i assumed that to mean there is something in coinops monitoring how you use it and with talk of traps and revenge maybe there would be consequences

if you upgraded to later version having unlocked this release

as i said ive more than likely picked things up wrong but comments like the above dont help and i still mind what was said last year anyway i wont be unlocking coinops 4 ill wait for a offical standalone release if it never happens then ive still got all the arcade i could ever want in coinops 3 and FBL :)

im out of this conversation now maybe emunewbie will post how he unlocked coinops 4 for those that wanna try it

Q - Can I filter to Arcade Only?

A - Yes change the FILTER setting to Filter to Arcades only

pressing the Black button will switch between Arcades Only and All Games

Note - You can then lock it to Favs only and this would lock it into only Arcade Games

Edited by ace9094

Note - You can then lock it to Favs only and this would lock it into only Arcade Games

But does this not still require you to 3000+ (or whatever the number is) games, even though you're not showing them? My understanding of the issue is that some users do not have the space or do not want to take up space with console ROMs and videos that they do not use CoinOPS for.

yeah i know ace but this is no good to me personally ive got a 8gb HDD with 500mb left so a standalone is the only version for me ill wait for one

if it doesnt come then ill stick with coinops 3

@BritneySPAIRS

i dont remove the console cores for the fun of it i dont use console games in coinops so whats the point in keeping cores folders files for consoies that i dont want or need in my set???

they take up room on my HDD space i can ill afford to sacrifice why have cores when i can have more games easy choice to make

and since i never share my build or release it then i dont know how that is hurting users in the community if i cant remove unwanted cores

then ill stick with coinops 3 and thx for this emu

Edited by gamez fan

Got it unlocked! More news soon (and a video)!

do us a big favor and torrent that puppy at u***********g***********... i will seed it too!!

according to BritneysPAIRS it's releases like these that cause all the problems for newbie users and support headaches for the devoloper

its the reason why locks are enabled

Edited by gamez fan

the locks are added because bp isn't in control of 'hacked' releases...

if the locks weren't in the system than people could use coinops however which way they want. why then does he eventually release a stand-alone version.

it's about control.

@ace: look at it this way... when you use windows and there is stuff on it you never want to use you delete it. it doesn't effect the system operation. same with coinops, it's like getting a new computer with bloat-ware that some users don't want. however, you say just press a button and make it disappear... gamezfan is right, hdd space is crucial for many users. i have a 250g hhd but i don't want the consoles, rips, and other media.

also, having it in the "place it's at" is a good move on your part ace. it's private, but still the release is way too big. it should have been released coinops w/ arcade only and the other stuff on other torrents similar to co3.

Edited by destronger

I really don't know what the fuss is... just be patient and wait for the lite version or standalone. I know everyone is excited by CoinOps 4's release, but all this fuss over the locks is not helping matters. (This is nothing new and has been discussed ad infinitum).

@Gamez Fan - good idea about an official arcade version of CoinOPs. I don't see why BP will not go for it, but the current climate has to settle, I'd imagine.

Edited by Bigby

@bigby: it would simplify things if he'd just release ONE version. we don't see madmab releasing a ton of the same emu with different lock options. THE LOCKS MAKE THE CONFUSION WORSE!!

p.s. say hi to bp for me... :P

Edited by destronger