Coinops 4 Locks

Emu Newbie

nope mameox.xbe and default.xbe are linked mixing and matching older or newer versions wont work

there that was helpfull ive just saved ya some wasted time tryin this :-)

there he goes... saving someone again. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use CoinOPS myself so this is based purely on speculation but if the lock requires that you have more than 3000 games and you don't want to have any console games, can you not just add 3000 arcade games? After all, CoinOPS is just MAMEoX so you're not limited to the games included in the download; you can add as many as you want from a full MAME0.84 set.

yeah that would certainly work but not for me as ive got a stock 8gb HDD on my xbox so no joy

well this topic is gettin people riled elseware were just havin a debate about the locks not exactly trolling is it

this situation does annoy me my posts reflected that last night so i edited them so not to inflame the situation

but it didnt seem to works the locks might be here to stay forever now oh well at least ive got FBL for my arcade fix

Edited by gamez fan

topical point +T+ no harm intended but say that you or infact anyone could help out with a mame emu say just for talkin sake you were a driver expert and could easily get more arcade games working eg sengeki striker or fixing the midway core for mortalkombat etc etc

would the fact that this emu is locked put you off helping out as because its locked it would limit how many users could enjoy your work afterall im sure everyone in the scene who puts there talents to good use would want as many people as possible to benefit from it

Edited by gamez fan

topical point +T+ no harm intended but say that you or infact anyone could help out with a mame emu say just for talkin sake you were a driver expert and could easily get more arcade games working eg sengeki striker or fixing the midway core for mortalkombat etc etc

would the fact that this emu is locked put you off helping out as because its locked it would limit how many users could enjoy your work afterall im sure everyone in the scene who puts there talents to good use would want as many people as possible to benefit from it

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable contributing anything to a project where I didn't agree with the ethics and motivations behind it. Deliberately restricting the user experience without a very good reason for doing so isn't something that I see as within the spirit of open and progressive development. I wouldn't compromise this standpoint even if it meant my work reaching a wider userbase.

I say this purely as a hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question; it isn't intended as a reference to or criticism of any specific project or developer.

I don't use CoinOPS myself so this is based purely on speculation but if the lock requires that you have more than 3000 games and you don't want to have any console games, can you not just add 3000 arcade games? After all, CoinOPS is just MAMEoX so you're not limited to the games included in the download; you can add as many as you want from a full MAME0.84 set.

I was actually curious if there were more arcade games i can add besides the ones that are in the full. what other games can be added or can you point me to where can i get a complete list of the MAME0.84 rom set.

I was actually curious if there were more arcade games i can add besides the ones that are in the full. what other games can be added or can you point me to where can i get a complete list of the MAME0.84 rom set.

You can download a MAME0.84 DAT here: http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/MAMEBeta/MAMEBetaHistory.php

The entire set can be added to CoinOPS. I wouldn't recommend adding clone sets though because, unlike MAMEoX, CoinOPS does not display set information, only the game title, so you won't be able to tell which set is which.

Got it unlocked! More news soon (and a video)!

Good news for people that don't like the locks. Well done. :)