[NEW] Final Burn Legends v1.10

Ok, I understand.

My question is: If I get FBL 1.7 (for example) and add in the rom folder Treasure of the Caribbean and Bang Bang Busters.

Would it show in the game list or it would only show the games in a "good games list"?

Ok x)

Hey, I have a question and I don't feel that there's a need for a single thread just for that.

I have my roms in two folders: parents and clones.

Is it possible for final burn legends to sort my roms in parents and clones? Some option to show and hide clones?

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this again in hope of some work on it. I looked through the changelogs and never saw this mentioned:

+ T + (and now destronger)

Three things:

1: Here is a (probably outdated) list of Pr0n roms from FBL 1.3

blockgal.zip

bubl2000.zip

dblpoint.zip

drtomy.zip

fantasia.zip

fantsia2.zip

fantsy95.zip

funybubl.zip

galhustl.zip

galpanic.zip

gumbo.zip

honeydol.zip

loverboy.zip

lvgirl94.zip

magicbuba.zip

mchampdx.zip

missw96.zip

msbingo.zip

mspuzzle.zip

multchmp.zip

newfant.zip

nmg5.zip

paprazzi.zip

pclubys.zip

pkladies.zip

streakng.zip

supmodel.zip

wondstck.zip

zerozone.zip

zipzap.zip

I don't use romcenter or anything at the moment so i have no clue as to if these roms are named the same or not now.

2: My old requests still stands i believe, as i did not see anything in the changelog that addresses them. if any of these have been fixed, i apologize.

A. Control Changing: I'd like to 2nd the opinion/request of someone earlier in this thread. We street fighter players would much rather have a "push the button you want to use for this function" style of control scheme setup, the way FBA-XXX Pro had.

B. screenshot changing....i'd like a means of changing the screenshots via the X button as there is no right stick on my arcade sticks. Would also like to see a change in screenshot/image every 5 seconds or so. this will help a ton

C. Filter ability in the main game list. Yes, i know we could access filters from the main menu, but it's counter-intuitive to do a filter listing that way. I'd rather have the main list be filter-able on the fly, especially for games in Final Burn. Our group really likes to be able to filter out the difference between Neo Geo, CPS1, and CPS2 boards quickly for the kind of stuff we do

D. (this might already be in, but if not i wanted to mention it) The ability to create custom filters on the fly. I'd like to be able to search for games with the words "Street" and "Fighter" and save the search as a filter.

E. (longshot, but let's try anyway) Networking capabilities, if possible. Not for online play, but more for easy access to download extras. Even a simple FTP server that can run for updates and then when it exits, it relaunches the emu (so it doesn't tie up resources). good if you want to drop out of a game to add screenshots, cheats, or guides. Would be even better if it had the ability to download directly from online resources.

That was all from the earlier 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 threads.

3. I could not find a way in 1.5 to have the UI be in 720p but the emu screens to be native/pixel perfect. Did i miss something? I swear i saw it was added...

Big thanks for your continued work. Please help me be rid of FBA-XXX Pro 1.28 forever

destronger is doing all the developing now on FBL. But I'll comment on some of your requests to give you some idea of where they might stand.

A: It could be done, but it wouldn't be straightforward at all. FBL uses a very specific system of assigning button mappings and personally I wouldn't be inclined to mess with that and risk causing problems for something that essentially makes no difference at all to functionality or useability.

B: Perfectly possible and not difficult to implement.

C: It's possible but would be time consuming since new UI elements would have to be added to show what filter was currently applied otherwise it would end up a complete mess. I'd question if it's worthwhile since using the filter option from the main menu is more than adequate for most users' needs.

D: Adding a filter of any kind is easy in the source but adding such a capability into the UI isn't something I would have been able to do. You can already create a custom favourites list.

E: An FTP server could be launched via a separate xbe and then relaunch FBL on exit. Theoretically it's perfectly possible.

As for your final question; I never added anything relating to 'pixel perfect' into FBL because I never really understood it. FBL uses an adaptive system of screen scaling though, so when you switch to another video mode it will retain the same proportions.

for the first question i assume you want these gone... or your a total perv!!

actually, i am planning on ditching the pr0n completely but more important stuff is in the works right now.

Edited by destronger

actually, i am planning on ditching the pr0n completely but more important stuff is in the works right now.

You're planning to remove supported games from FBL?

most likely it'll be a pre-made edited favorites list.

destronger is doing all the developing now on FBL. But I'll comment on some of your requests to give you some idea of where they might stand.

A: It could be done, but it wouldn't be straightforward at all. FBL uses a very specific system of assigning button mappings and personally I wouldn't be inclined to mess with that and risk causing problems for something that essentially makes no difference at all to functionality or useability.

It does make a difference to useability....so much so that i'm still using FBA-XXX 1.28 pro for playing these games in our group. Unless something changed since 1.4, every game has it's own controller settings....there is no over-reaching controller scheme. Our sticks do not match the default settings, so in order to make the sticks useable, we have to go in to each game and fiddle. It is time consuming in comparison to the old way of doing it. Our matches are fast paced, and people are encouraged to bring thier own controllers. Maybe getting the main FBA to support this is the proper way to go?

B: Perfectly possible and not difficult to implement.

C: It's possible but would be time consuming since new UI elements would have to be added to show what filter was currently applied otherwise it would end up a complete mess. I'd question if it's worthwhile since using the filter option from the main menu is more than adequate for most users' needs.

D: Adding a filter of any kind is easy in the source but adding such a capability into the UI isn't something I would have been able to do. You can already create a custom favourites list.

Right, but how many different lists does it support? I miss the functionality of different lists in FBA-XXX where NeoGeo, cps1, and cps2 were all separated. Anyway, the one thing MAME/CoinOps has that i truly wish was here was a multiple list sort/filter option. For UI, i can't imagine this being too difficult, but i haven't worked with the emu internals either. Having the sore/filters in main list make it much more intuitive to use, imo.

As for your final question; I never added anything relating to 'pixel perfect' into FBL because I never really understood it. FBL uses an adaptive system of screen scaling though, so when you switch to another video mode it will retain the same proportions.

I haven't seen this "work" yet. I run the emu in 720p, but i want the games to be scaled from their native resolutions. Instead, FBL is scaling them full (read: stretched out/wide) screen, and i can't find a quick setting to get the aspect ratio right. I have to estimate about how big it should be. Maybe i missed something here?

You're planning to remove supported games from FBL?

most likely it'll be a pre-made edited favorites list.

Ugh. Please don't. On the EmuXtras set, pr0n was a separate folder that the end user could choose to add to the main set. This works well. I don't want a default setting censoring or removing games, i want that left to the end user.

I do want to thank you both for your continued work on this emu. I use it for my own personal, casual stuff. I hope it can evolve to a point where we can use it in tournaments as well.

Edited by A Murder of Crows