[NEW] Final Burn Legends v1.10

High score saving hasn't been deliberately disabled but it's not something I tested when updating the cores, so it's possible that it got broken in the CPS2 core. Do you know if high scores save successfully on any other games?

I didn't get round to testing it on other cores, no. I just thought "huh, coulda swore it USED to save my scores" and tested it with the same game on an earlier version. As I say, sort of weird that it did actually save the file in 1.5, but didn't then load it on a reload of the rom (1.1, 1.9 and 1.7 didn't even save the file).

I haven't paid much attention to high scores on the emulators on the xbox recently; due to the number of versions we've been going through recently for FBL/COPS, I didn't get much chance to even play the games, let alone attempt a high score.

(Most of my "xbox time" recently has been spent on just updating stuff!)

I'll try another game or two out tonight. Is it feasible that it could be borked on a core by core basis?

Oh, by the way, I just found someone else who has the same problem (got this from another forum):

"Am I just being silly, has anyone got any version of Final Burn Legends to save any Hi score. I am now running V1.10 and have gone in to the options once the game has loaded and turned on Hi score saving but nothing.

Tried a few games including Progear, batsugun and 3 wonders with no hi scores being saved.

has anyone managed to get fba legends to save any score and if so which version are you running and which game saves"

Huh. Progear was probably one I woulda tried, too.

Those 2 games actually use exactly the same core as the CPS2 games. But based on the post you quote above it does seem to be an issue with all cores. probably due to the updated FBA code not playing nice with the FBL UI. Solution would be to either rollback the FBA hiscore code or update the UI code.

NeoGeo and CPS2 use the same core. Now that you mention it though, I think only the 2nd and 3rd Aerofighters games were released on the NeoGeo so the original probably does run on the default core in FBL after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey +T+ do you release somewhere a Final Burn Legends build? I mean ready with games and videos?

One more thing does FBL loads games based on a static list or I can add my own mame build?

I really would like to play Bang Bang Busters and Treasure of the Caribbean with FBL.

I've never distributed a release complete with ROMs, nor would I support such a release.

destronger has taken over development of FBL now and is doing a great job in terms of adding newly supported games. So you're better off waiting for his next release.