[NEW] Final Burn Legends v1.10

i think cps3 games do work with 128megs xbox's.

the encrypted neogeo roms... never noticed. are these parent roms? they roms names end with 'n' or 'nd'?

CPS3 games wont work in FBL on any xbox infact no 128mb games work in FBL but according to BP CPS3 and a good few other 128MB games will

work in coinops

there that's all cleared up then :-D

Edited by gamez fan

CPS3 games wont work in FBL on any xbox infact no 128mb games work in FBL but according to BP CPS3 and a good few other 128MB games will

work in coinops

there that's all cleared up then :-D

"according to BP CPS3 and a good few other 128mbMB games will work in ConOps"

I smell bullshit !

Doesn't ConOps just shortcut to other emulator cores (created by other people), for emulation outside of Mame 0.84 roms ?

For instance, the CPS3 roms can be played with CPX3a emulator, which when released a long time ago, was a revelation.

Check out ConOps shortcut files and see what is actually emulating what !

Don't believe the hype.

i think cps3 games do work with 128megs xbox's.

the encrypted neogeo roms... never noticed. are these parent roms? they roms names end with 'n' or 'nd'?

Thanks for your replay. I knew that CPS3 games required 128megs xbox, but I thought that using VMM a way to load them on normal xbox had been found. My fault!

About NeoGeo roms, these are the decrypted NeoGeo roms I tried that don't work (after loading a message pops up saying that there's been a problem with the roms and to press "a" to go back to roms selection screen):

ganryun: Ganryu / Musashi Ganryuki (decrypted C)

garoun: Garou - Mark of the Wolves (set 1, decrypted C)

jockygpd: Jockey Grand Prix (decrypted C)

kof99nd: The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

kof2knd: The King of Fighters 2000 (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

kof2k1nd: The King of Fighters 2001 (set 1, decrypted C)

kof2k2nd: The King of Fighters 2002 (decrypted C)

kof2k3nd: The King of Fighters 2003 (decrypted C)

matrimnd: Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon (decrypted C)

mslug3nd: Metal Slug 3 (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

mslug4nd: Metal Slug 4 (set 1, decrypted C)

mslug5nd: Metal Slug 5 (decrypted C)

nitdn: Nightmare in the Dark (decrypted C)

pnyaan: Pochi and Nyaa (decrypted C)

preisl2n: Prehistoric Isle 2 (decrypted C)

rotdnd: Rage of the Dragons (decrypted C)

s1945pn: Strikers 1945 Plus (decrypted C)

sam5spnd: Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 1, decrypted C)

samsh5nd: Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 1, decrypted C)

sengok3n: Sengoku 3 / Sengoku Denshou 2001 (decrypted C)

svcnd: SNK vs. Capcom - SVC Chaos (decrypted C)

zupapan: Zupapa! (decrypted C)

And these are the corresponding encrypted roms that do work:

bangbead: Bang Bead

ganryu: Ganryu / Musashi Ganryuki

garou: Garou - Mark of the Wolves (set 1)

jockeygp: Jockey Grand Prix (set 1)

kof99: The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (set 1)

kof2000: The King of Fighters 2000 (NGM-2570) (NGH-2570)

kof2001: The King of Fighters 2001 (NGM-262?)

kof2002: The King of Fighters 2002 (NGM-2650)(NGH-2650)

kof2003: The King of Fighters 2003 (NGM-2710)

matrim: Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon (NGM-2660) (NGH-2660)

mslug3: Metal Slug 3 (NGM-2560)

mslug4: Metal Slug 4 (NGM-2630)

mslug5: Metal Slug 5 (NGM-2680)

nitd: Nightmare in the Dark

pnyaa: Pochi and Nyaa

preisle2: Prehistoric Isle 2

rotd: Rage of the Dragons (NGM-264?)

s1945p: Strikers 1945 Plus

samsh5sp: Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (NGM-2720)

samsho5: Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (NGM-2700)

sengoku3: Sengoku 3 / Sengoku Densho 2001

svc: SNK vs. Capcom - SVC Chaos (NGM-2690)(NGH-2690)

zupapa: Zupapa!

I usually prefer decrypted roms because they load much faster since they don't need to be decrypted on-the-fly. In past Final Burn Legends releases the decrypted roms worked good.

excact same problem for me in FBL 1.9/v1.10 with my decrypted neogeo roms i had made them parents to save space but i found a compromise

here's a wee tip im sure destronger wont mind me sayin this use the neogeocps2.xbe core from 1.7 just switch it with the one you have in v1.10

all your decrypted sets should work EXCEPT for any roms that have had a name change since 1.7 for example i have to use full roms for mslug 3 and sengoku 3

as the rom names for those games changed between FBL 1.7 and FBLv1.10 eg mslug3hd became mslug3nd

"according to BP CPS3 and a good few other 128mbMB games will work in ConOps"

I smell bullshit !

Doesn't ConOps just shortcut to other emulator cores (created by other people), for emulation outside of Mame 0.84 roms ?

For instance, the CPS3 roms can be played with CPX3a emulator, which when released a long time ago, was a revelation.

Check out ConOps shortcut files and see what is actually emulating what !

Don't believe the hype.

for sure cps3 games can be played on both stock and 128mb xboxes using cpx3 a top class and highly recommended

emulator

the above points you made while i have no argument with what you said still doesnt change the fact that cps3 ddcrew desert breakers etc wont work work in FBL using either a stock or 128mb xbox but do so in coinops for 128mb users how this is achieved doesnt change that fact

Hi

I found two problems so far.

1. Parent rom highlighting in the favourites list is not right. Highlighting seems to be random. Remove a favourite, and the remaining games can get different highlighting. Highlighting works in the main list. Highlighting in the favourites list worked in the last version i tried (v1.3).

2. A couple of games didn't work. Metal Slug 5 PCB and it's clone result in black screen. Both games load and play in v1.3. My roms are built from the correct dat.

Many Thanks for your continued work on this.

I should probably clarify something here; my work on FBL was all very much experimental. I was playing around with various things and also testing the limits of what I could and couldn't do in terms of coding. That really was the whole purpose of it, I was just enjoying what I was doing and learning, so I'm not surprised that (in addition to all the the things that were added and fixed) there were things that also got broken, particularly in the UI which I was never really too bothered with. So what I'm saying is, if things need to be rolled back to undo any side-effects of my experimenting then, by all means do so. The entire UI could could in fact be rolled back to any previous version very quickly and easily. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Am I just being really stupid, or has high score saving been disabled altogether?

1944 just wouldn't save the high score last night. Wouldn't even write the file to the highscores folder.

I even checked previous versions back to 1.5. 1.5 saves the file... but still doesn't load those high scores in when you load the rom.

Even checked CoinOPS 3 sunset. Doesn't do it either (though I've no idea what version of FBL that runs to get 1944 going).

Anyone? Am I just missing something (I am enabling high scores in the menu for each game), or what?