Workouts!

Bambi

Glad to read your getting into shape, Krosigrim. But I must ask, are you still smoking ciggs as well?

Yes but few and far between. I often out them before they are done and They taste grosser and grosser the fitter I get. I go much much longer between cigs and I can easily resist them. Guess I could cold turkey but at this rate Ill have quit before a month is past.

Ill post in this though I read your thread Alpha.

The past week Ive been conditioning & toning. I started off earlier but hurt my bum shoulder doing dips at work... the 3rd set too. As I chilled out for a few days I began looking at a path to my goals. I was at fitness level 0 and there is sooo much I want to do. Ive been out of shape for 16 years last time I was 17. Im 6'3" and weighed about 222 about 8 days ago. on top of having soft muscles are soft ligaments and joints. Cartilage that isnt used to having loads on them. I have a shoulder injury, one of my muscles seems to not operate, which others have now built to compensate, I can do pushups painlessly now. I also tore ligaments in my ankle and by ankles were weak. So as to not hurt myself I took small and frequent workout breaks. Yea break from what I may be doing & work something. leg lifts, fast high knees, doing circles with my arms or ankles.

After a few days I really got into it. Found a brick out back and began pressing it above my head with one arm 10 times, then the other arm, then back and forth till I got tired then switched it up.

Curls

Tricep extensions

Very explosive uppercuts in full form, tight boxer stance with full hip and leg action (my absolute favorite)

Dont know what there called but leaned forward & brought them up and out with my back

Holding the brick at shoulder level straight to the right for a moment, keeping the brick at that level with arms fully extended (slight bend as not to lock joint) I bring it in front of me and switch hands, bring the brick fully to my left, wait a moment rinse and repeat.

When I felt strained (cardio) Id cool down by throwing the brick up and catching it with the other hand. Not up up but make it kinda float there in front of me. Id put a light spin on the brick so both hands always grip the same side of the it. This way I can condition while staying flexible and nimble enough... strengthening my stabilizers and fine movement muscles instead of focusing on strength like most do.

Spoke with Emsley and light weight workout is old news to him. My shoulders are getting beefy already and thats just from small steps!!!

I ran on the beach (dry sand) or should I say jogg/walk/jogg/walk/etc

jogged up 300 steps or more yesterday. walked around the lake and did cheating pushups on every bench, at least 15 but max 30 each... so thats over 200. By cheating I mean leaning forward at a 45 degree or so.

Dips

Jumping pullups, where you slowly let yourself down, that way you work the muscles if you CANT do a pullup... so yea, I can do pullups now yaaaay

Much more but I actually gotta leave right now and workout.

But Im getting FIT!

• Like 1

POIDH wasn't asking for explicit pics lol...but I'm sure we'd all approve of others like your avatar. :wink:

When I get bored of it, it'll change to something just as good :)

Yea that looks about right. Made more routines with one for about 2 hours just now. Worked forearms and delts mostly. Took pushup breaks. Modified pulldowns with a deflated innertube... lol. Rapid step jumps... burn. Held a big stick and made circles with the wrists. Great workout, forearms are pumped out. Brick will give you excellent hand strength.

Yea that looks about right. Made more routines with one for about 2 hours just now. Worked forearms and delts mostly. Took pushup breaks. Modified pulldowns with a deflated innertube... lol. Rapid step jumps... burn. Held a big stick and made circles with the wrists. Great workout, forearms are pumped out. Brick will give you excellent hand strength.

Emsley you need to get into shape too! teach your kid to fight and train!

He is still a wee baby!

Im unsure about teaching my little lad violent means - hopefully - and this is a long shot, by the time he grows up we will live in a nicer area and he will be wise enough to avoid douche bags. Besides if your kid isnt a fighter only his or her brains are going to save them, Ill teach him the basics thats of sure. I just dont want to expose my kid to violence at an early age it can turn them in to dicks.

42112after01.jpgbrickrg.jpg

Who's this asshole with the self shot? 213 lbs, was 222. 13 inch forearms ~16 inch calves

I was sure to use the shot where I didnt look so bad

You gotta be careful while working forearms and hands. I mixed it up with dexterity and flexibility training to keep from inflaming. Proper stretching before during and after is necessary as alot of people get tennis elbow. The only way to prevent or diminish this is to work EVERYTHING from every angle. Before and after brick. Fingers out like a flick and in like a tight clench. Open and close the hands as quick as possible so not hard (grip) light rapid open/close/etc palms up 20 palms down 20 etc. Twisting things like a towl. Stretch. Pushups. Make large and small circles with the wrist while holding a stick. Mimic Kung foo moves. check. Go back to brick all angles modify movements as not overwork any one area. Work delts, shoulders, triceps, modify often to build great general strength and tightness. Stretch. Shadow box. Pushups. stretch repeat randomly

Dude i've been lazy. I gotta burn some fat today. Other 2 days rained and so I did moderate training, forearms, pushups etc. but no cardio. Yesterday I had a road trip to NY and was mostly in a car for 19 hrs.

At a reststop I went to wash my hands and forgot Im looking different lol. Im still not used to looking (this) fit. Dude I might be a douche for posting a self shot but you guys just dont know what I looked like almost 2 weeks before that!

Alright time to stretch and get in the starting set, pushups, high knees, squats that sort of thing.