The Midway Cores In Coinops 4

gamez fan

well since im not using an offical build im in no way sayin this is a bug not at all but just thought id mention this anyway maybe someone

with a full offical coinops 4 set could load up rampage world tour (version with sound using mame72) and give it a quick 10 mins or so

playthrough and see how it plays for you as ive ran into a few issues

basicly the game can randomly lock up at the end of any level the furthest ive ever got is barcelona level it always locks for me there but not the emu just the game as you can reset the game again or return back to rom list i tried removing the nvram for this game and loaded it again but same thing freezes at the end of any random level

i

Edited by gamez fan

hmm ive tried rampage world tour in the original mame0.72 emu and the same thing happens random game freezes always at the end of a level

played both 1.3 and 1.1 roms same thing happens there must be a bug with this game in mame72 or maybe its just my xbox

Edited by gamez fan

It's probably running out of memory. MAMEoX 0.72 has no VMM of any kind. It's likely that if you run it in a newer MAMEoX (or older CoinOPS) it won't crash but obviously will play much slower. Wasn't this game included in Midway Arcade Treasures?

yeah i guess your right must be a vmm error its available in arcade treasures i do have a cough cough special version of this rom ill stick with that

for now as i cant get it to play right in either mame0.72 or the midway72 core in coinops

Edited by gamez fan

well it is a bug that causes the game to randomly lock up it was fixed in mame 0.114u2 BritneysPAIRS says he has fixed this bug now and i assume the game should now play fine in coinops midway 72 core so i say a big thankyou to BP for fixing this as its one of my favorite games

yes i was guessing and wishing it would work thats why i posted hopeing you would fix it in midway72 core ive already thanked you for doin so :-)

bug info http://www.mameteste...id=690#bugnotes

EDIT bp has now fixed a graphical error in rampage wt i would think it is perfect now in coinops midway core thx again to BP for sorting this

info herehttp://www.mametesters.org/view.php?id=750

Edited by gamez fan

• 3 weeks later...

hmm some interesting developments regarding the mame0.72 core in coinops more games are being added to it as they perform better

this has enabled sound in some games while others now control better ill keep my eye on this see how it turns out

also mentioned was a new faster taito f3 core which will hopefully sort a few long standing issues in some real classic games

i wonder are these using mame0.72 or Xraine the release info doesnt say