Microsoft's next machine will attempt to thwart used games.

Jitway

Me: Back in my day, we had games that could be bought in stores and when opened it greeted us with an interesting smell.

Kid: why was the smell interesting?

Me: it smelled like something brand new, never before opened.

Kid: Hmm I wonder what that's like.

Me: Yeah, the smell was just the tip of the ice berg, the real kicker here is that everything inside was brand new and it included a manual, disc or cartridge or even sometimes other extra goodies like 1 month of xbox live.

Kid: Wow really?

Me: Yeah really!

Me: The best part here is that you get to keep it. it was entirely up to you, if you decided to open the game or not. You could potentially keep the game for collective reasons and sell it one day for large amounts of money.

Kid: Wow I wish games were like that today...

Me: Yeah me too. Me too...

Kid: That's a cool story, I'll be going now

Me: Enjoy your barcode kid, you own it.

Kid: I will thanks!

Kid: I can't wait to play Fibble! FLICK N' ROLL, here i come!

Edited by LoRd_SnOw
  • Like 1

Me: Back in my day, we had games that could be bought in stores and when opened it greeted us with an interesting smell.

Kid: why was the smell interesting?

Me: it smelled like something brand new, never before opened.

Kid: Hmm I wonder what that's like.

Me: Yeah, the smell was just the tip of the ice berg, the real kicker here is that everything inside was brand new and it included a manual, disc or cartridge or even sometimes other extra goodies like 1 month of xbox live.

Kid: Wow really?

Me: Yeah really!

Me: The best part here is that you get to keep it. it was entirely up to you, if you decided to open the game or not. You could potentially keep the game for collective reasons and sell it one day for large amounts of money.

Kid: Wow I wish games were like that today...

Me: Yeah me too. Me too...

Kid: That's a cool story, I'll be going now

Me: Enjoy your barcode kid, you own it.

Kid: I will thanks!

Kid: I can't wait to play Fibble! FLICK N' ROLL, here i come!

Funny but that is what it is coming to.

Gaming has become such shit, back in the day when you bought or even rented a NES game half the joy of getting the game was looking at the manual on the car ride home, also when I pay 60 bux I do want a physical product for my money.

It's definitely sad and it'll only get worse, in my opinion.

Cloud Gaming is a perfect example of how things could become much worse. With no real hardware to exploit, all the data is stored in the 'cloud'. Ultimately, you would basically be owning a box with no real logic or power. The sad thing is that, cloud computing can be a great thing and at the same time it can be an awful one, when used for setting parameters for consumers.

We're almost coming to a generation where future generation won't really know what ownership is actually like. I say almost because DLC is a perfect example of that. We buy things that should have normally come with the physical copy of your game but in reality people just punch in their credit card numbers just to get those extra rehash-able models from a server and then becomes stored digitally on your Hard drive for as long as the service is still in existence and when it's not you would have just realized what you purchased had no real existance + no value = you owned nothing and wasted your money on some cheap ass fantasy where you thought you actually owned something.

Edited by LoRd_SnOw