Downloads Section for the XBOX Forum (NEED SUGGESTIONS!)

Alpha

Hey guys...

So the development of this XBOX forum to be the best resource online has only begun! To further the development costs, we have put an advertisement on the entire 1Emulation site. 15% of each product you purchase (arcade controllers and cabinets that work with the XBOX) from XGAMING.com (use this link) will go to pay for hosting costs.

Furthermore, we are currently working on adding a downloads section to the entire 1Emulation, which would include a downloads section for this very XBOX forum!

My question to you guys is what we can include in this downloads section? What categories are needed? PLEASE NOTE: We need to keep it legal, as we are NOT allowed to link or host any material that contains the XBOX SDK. Please post your thoughts and suggestions here. :-)

Skins might be a good place to start. I know it sounds like a small thing but as far as I know, there is no site that has all the skins that have been made available on various forums all in one place. Which is a shame because there's some real quality stuff out there that new users won't even be aware of.

Also support files and packages such as the marquee/screenshot pack from FBL.

Config files could be a good idea too, with different possibilities: 720p users, 480p & 480i/Pal users, 16:9, 4:3 users... as we all spent a lot of time trying to get the best results in emulation depending on games & our TV (I think about pcsxbox, surreal64, winuaex: difficult for the newcomers).

Edit I mean solid & validated files, not 500 non trustable files per game like we could find on XPort's site in the past.

Edited by stf

Config files could be a good idea too, with different possibilities: 720p users, 480p & 480i/Pal users, 16:9, 4:3 users... as we all spent a lot of time trying to get the best results in emulation depending on games & our TV (I think about pcsxbox, surreal64, winuaex: difficult for the newcomers).

Edit I mean solid & validated files, not 500 non trustable files per game like we could find on XPort's site in the past.

stf - would you be interested in being an official uploader for the XBOX Downloads Section, once we get it online?

Thanks a lot for asking me this Alpha, but my actual activities won't allow me to be involved/regular. I'm not using my XBox often anymore (...but if IQ & FBL...). I still come to this forum because I like it a lot. I had a great time here a few years back with Fumanchu, Hellsfury & BritneysPairs (yes, he can be a very nice guy) & a lot of other members.

So I was just suggesting as asked in the title of the thread. Sorry Alpha.

I'm sure somebody else will like do it !

Thanks a lot for asking me this Alpha, but my actual activities won't allow me to be involved/regular. I'm not using my XBox often anymore (...but if IQ & FBL...). I still come to this forum because I like it a lot. I had a great time here a few years back with Fumanchu, Hellsfury & BritneysPairs (yes, he can be a very nice guy) & a lot of other members.

So I was just suggesting as asked in the title of the thread. Sorry Alpha.

I'm sure somebody else will like do it !

No worries... thank you for sticking around Stf! I hope to make 2012 a special year for 1emulation and hopefully recreate much needed new growth into the site. :)