[NEW] Final Burn Legends v1.10 beta

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im still using 1.7 i ran into a whole host of issues with 1.8 1.9 FBL releases i have a whole load of cps2 and neogeo games in my set they all play fine including gigawing so without sounding cheeky rather than trying to fix one game would it be easier just to roll back the neogeocps2 driver/core to 1.7

no new games or sound additions have been added to these cores since 1.7 so nothing would be lost by doing this

Any other CPS2 games or is it just Giga Wing?

Every CPS2 game that I have tried on my box, the screen comes up garbled and crashes. You can only hear the music.

you probably need to update your cps2 roms.

im still using 1.7 i ran into a whole host of issues with 1.8 1.9 FBL releases i have a whole load of cps2 and neogeo games in my set they all play fine including gigawing so without sounding cheeky rather than trying to fix one game would it be easier just to roll back the neogeocps2 driver/core to 1.7

no new games or sound additions have been added to these cores since 1.7 so nothing would be lost by doing this

1.9 is every bit as solid as 1.7, there is no reason to still be using that version. If destronger decides to roll back the CPS2 driver then I would advise using the one from 1.9 as it has additions and improvements over the outdated version that you're using. You need to understand that from a dev point of view, it isn't about just making the games run by any hacky means necessary; it's about emulating accurately with a solid codebase that's as close to the source program as possible. If you just want to play the games using drivers that are years old and don't particularly care for the emulation side of things then there are more suitable programs out there for you than FBL.

EDIT: You're also entirely wrong in stating that no new sets have been added to the NeoGeo/CPS2 core since 1.7.

Edited by + T +

Every CPS2 game that I have tried on my box, the screen comes up garbled and crashes. You can only hear the music.

actually i just confirmed this myself. i tried gigawing, darkstalkers, and megaman2 which did as you discribed.

well, it is a beta and issues will come up. i'm learning how to do this stuff. so you may want to go back to v1.9 for now and sorry for any inconvience.

Edited by destronger

1.9 is every bit as solid as 1.7, there is no reason to still be using that version. If destronger decides to roll back the CPS2 driver then I would advise using the one from 1.9 as it has additions and improvements over the outdated version that you're using. You need to understand that from a dev point of view, it isn't about just making the games run by any hacky means necessary; it's about emulating accurately with a solid codebase that's as close to the source program as possible. If you just want to play the games using drivers that are years old and don't particularly care for the emulation side of things then there are more suitable programs out there for you than FBL.

EDIT: You're also entirely wrong in stating that no new sets have been added to the NeoGeo/CPS2 core since 1.7.

i was going to make a point here but since im a user and you are infact a developer i concide that you would know your stuff so i

respectfully withdraw my point as fumancho said earlier it's maybe a rom issue with gigawing and any issues i ran into with 1.9

could be sorted by getting a new up to date rom as you've stated many times varify a rom as it can still be incorrect but load anyway

thereby giving the impression that theres an issue with a fbl release when infact it was a problem with the rom all along

so what im sayin is if +T+ says use FBL 1.9 then thats the version to go with afterall he made it and would know

actually i just confirmed this myself. i tried gigawing, darkstalkers, and megaman2 which did as you discribed.

well, it is a beta and issues will come up. i'm learning how to do this stuff. so you may want to go back to v1.9 for now and sorry for any inconvience.

no need to apologize im sure most users understand that plus you did say it was a beta release :-)

anyway we do appreciate the work you've put into this and im sure i speak for everyone on here we cant wait to try out

your new forthcoming FBL release im counting the days and i mean that

bet ya its just a incorrect rom causing the problems and your beta release is spot on try a new gigawing rom i PM'd ya were to get it

Edited by gamez fan

• 4 years later...