Unoffical Coinops 3 SuperLight No FBL Or Console Roms AVOID!

gamez fan

this is an unoffical build that was stripped down and not released by BritneysPAIRS it will be kicking around the torrents somewhere if you

get this build you WONT be able to play the following as the cores roms and videos were removed i would recommend that you AVOID

this and get instead the OFFICAL lastest release which is coinops 3 sunset it will have all files you need to play every game supported and it's unlocked

if you get this build using the torrents you'll know about it as many games wont work ill list whats missing below

FBL arcade games

ALL console games

Midway arcade games with sound mamexb6 core

ive put this here as i was partly responseable for it although i did not create or distrubute it i did egg on its creation it's caused no end of hastle for ordinary users

problem is +T+ not wanting to sound big headed or make out im an expert or anything i know how to work my emus where as most coinops users dont they really need something that just works outta the box so to speak and this build will cause them all sorts of issues i put this here just to let them know what build to go for

i guess if you know your stuff then and just want mame arcade only set by all means get this build

but if you're new to emulators in general and have never used coinops then i would 100% recommend an offical build

at least that way everything arcade consoles etc will work for ya gamewise

Edited by gamez fan

My understanding is that CoinOPS is distributed as a complete package, so to download all the console components must add up to a lot of extra gigabytes for users that just want the MAME side of things and use other emulators for their console games. So I wouldn't underestimate the appeal of a package like this. Anyone who needs help with setting up or working their emulators can come here.

Since we are the unofficial home of CoinOPS now, we can support any and all custom builds. :)

i dont underestimate the appeal of a set like this at all as ive got an arcade only build of coinops personally :-) which i made myself

the problem with a set like this for novices is say you had full set coinops 2 and wanted to upgrade to coinops 3 if you were to get this then

a whole lot of your games be it arcade or consoles that worked for ya before would suddenly stop working thats why i would always recommend an offical coinops release if your new to emulators and coinops is what you want

of course going the offical route wont always work as there are locks implemented again so in theory you could have a certain number of games in your set upgrade to a new release and it would'nt work also

yes coinops is released as full package but if you have a full set from before you could just get a standalone release and add what's new gamewise yourself would save a whole lot of downloading but then again you would also have to kinda know what your doin going the standalone route as you would have to add your roms know where to put them how to set up pointers etc as well as find the videos for the games

Edited by gamez fan

So cool ... i love the idea :-D

Make a CoinOPS with all MAME games and remove "FBL arcade games" and "ALL console games" ...

But why removing "Midway arcade games with sound mamexb6 core" .. :sad:

Where we can found it ?

Can we upgrade it ?

Edited by darknior

Maybe in the future Coinops will have optional plugin bits, so you can decide how much emulation you want.

So if you want the smallest stripped-down build, it only have MAME, then if you wanted, attach things for other systems, all the way up to the Ultimate do-everything version.

So cool ... i love the idea :-D

Make a CoinOPS with all MAME games and remove "FBL arcade games" and "ALL console games" ...

But why removing "Midway arcade games with sound mamexb6 core" .. :sad:

Where we can found it ?

Can we upgrade it ?

you've maybe picked me up wrong :-) im not making or releasing this it's already been released by someone else there's a thread about it on another site i just put this here to let novice coinops users know this sets not for them if they for example want to play arcade and console games in one emu

but tell ya what since im a helpfull fella if you want to know how to make your set arcade only yourself grab coinops 3 sunset and PM me :wink:

Edited by gamez fan

Maybe in the future Coinops will have optional plugin bits, so you can decide how much emulation you want.

So if you want the smallest stripped-down build, it only have MAME, then if you wanted, attach things for other systems, all the way up to the Ultimate do-everything version.

this might already be happening somewhat as support is added to coinops for certain systems and games but they arnt included in full download you have to add them yourself by downloading seperate packs that users have kindly made packed and uploaded themselfs dont know how much longer full sets of coinops can continue to be released in their current state

they way things are going with the new tide of web piracy crackdowns i think torrents days are numbered upload sites will more

than likely become few and far between and im thinking the less there are more will be dodgy rom sites will go bye bye as well time will tell i guess

maybe in the future emulators might all be standalone type affairs and then its upto users to find their own roms videos etc maybe

you might need to know someone with a private FTP :wink:

Edited by gamez fan