Question about 1tb HD upgrade on softmodded xbox

Nuvo

I was wondering if anyone could guide me on how to properly upgrade a softmodded xbox to a 1tb hd. I have tried 2 times with no success. I used Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod, xboxhdm 1.9 to create and lock the hd. Next, i installed using a good adapter from ebay. It boots perfect no lag then I used xbpartitioner 1.1 off the AID disc to format f drive the first time. Second time I used the same method but I formatted F and G instead. I got data corruption both times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nuvo -

i had the same issue with my 2tb hd . i used xboxhdm 1.9 orginially then what i ended up doing was format my harddrive with xbpartitioner 1.0 32 clusters first then reformatting with xbpartitioner 1.1 64 clusters . but for some reseaon it still didnt work correctly so,

i what i ended up doing was reformat with xbpartitioner 1.0 32 clusters and again reformat with xbpartitioner 1.1 64 clusters *BUT* this time i dropped each drive down a 1gb to partition in 1.1 and it works perfect now. it seems that in order to partition correctly you have to drop a it down a 1 gb but you can repartion again going up a 1gb in each drive so you don't lose 1gb. I have about 300 xbox games on my hard drive and all the emulators and i haven't have any issues with any games or emiulators and my hard drive is a 2tb.

also with 2tb people You might have to partition with xbpartitioner 1.0 because 1.1 might freeze when you load it up but then repartition with 1.1 with 64 clusters. drop each drive down a 1gb to partition in 1.1 but once partition you can put back the 1gb to each drive and repartition with 1.1.

Edited by gamer12

Thanks for the replies,

So I should install Xbpartitioner 1.0 and 1.1 on the E drive? Then format F and G first with 1.0 then 1.1? Ok I understand part of this, but what would be a good set up to run both Xbp's. I have always used the AID disc that has 1.1 on it. Also, why do you have to remove 1gb?

Edited by Nuvo

i had to remove a 1gb because it wasnt properly formmating correctly. For example it said it formmated but when i started adding things the the drive it was overwriting files and emulators werent working it was a mess. I guess its a bug in the software but you can reformat again putting the 1gb back. i just booted up unleashx and placed both Xbpartitioner 1.0 and 1.1 in the apps folder and did it from there.

• 3 weeks later...

So i just got around to reformatting this hard drive. I installed xbp 1.0 and 1.1 on the E drive Apps folder. Started up 1.0 and used option for F and G drive at 32 clusters. Next, reboot then opened 1.1 selected the option for F and G dropped it down 1Gb on each drive but noticed it only gave me the 32 and not 64 clusters. I just did it and now im adding everything back. Why does it not allow the 64? Thanks again for the help. Hope this works.