DoDonPachi 2 BeeStrorm And Demon Front Now Playable

gamez fan

@PhilExile, I'm still troubleshooting the board, I'll let you know how it goes when I get the power supply.

Just to give you some background on my experience. Usually, my Xbox systems have shut down overnight when I'm upload a lot of files to it. What I think has happned is the FTP locked up and then the Xbox shuts off. Recently, I was using Avalaunch to copy files between two systems. These were both Trusty upgrades - but with one difference. The one has a new cooling solution that keeps the GPU (and motherboard I assume) cooler because it has these fans blowing air in from the right side:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMXAF1-Memory-Airflow-Fan/dp/B000K1OW5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332704337&sr=8-1

Fan Upgrade: 133CPU/94GPU under load

Old Fan Setup: 127 CPU/111GPU under load

The other didn't have this upgrade (yet) and it was off when I woke up in the morning. The fan upgraded one was still going strong. This has happened with standard Xbox systems as well and I think it may have to do with a GPU cooling tweak I performed. The Xbox systems I've owned have been 1.0, with the loud GPU fan. I preformed this upgrade on each:

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tutorials/Turning_the_v1.0_xbox_silent.pdf

Maybe it has something to do with it? Who knows. If you can figure this out for certain, it'd be good to know.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm seems you need a new file in your dodonpachi 2 rom or it wont work its ddp2_igs0127a_japan.bin i guess it's for the new data thats been read out from the rom dump

also been talkin to a helpfull fella on the shmups board about demon front who tells me no new files are needed but only the clone dmnfrnta will load for him in mame

Edited by gamez fan

So incredible to see all that work on xBox :D

I dream to play these games lol

And for the code update you made iq_132 to play CPS3 games on FBL with 64Mo of RAM ... will you release it to please ?

Thanks

hmm a few people seem to be reporting an issue with ddp2 it crashes on the title screen seemed to work fine when iq posted the youtube vid of it playing in FBL

reading through the shmups boards loads of mame users are playing it with no issues wonder if the rom that people are having trouble with is missing a new file which is ddp2_igs027a_japan.bin hope thats all it is as im really lookin forward to givin this a whirl

hmm a few people seem to be reporting an issue with ddp2 it crashes on the title screen seemed to work fine when iq posted the youtube vid of it playing in FBL

reading through the shmups boards loads of mame users are playing it with no issues wonder if the rom that people are having trouble with is missing a new file which is ddp2_igs027a_japan.bin hope thats all it is as im really lookin forward to givin this a whirl

remember, iq_132 is working on it... nuff said. :-)

how ironic would it be if only the xbox can handle it when a pc can't? :drool:

Edited by destronger

FBA's PGM code is a little unstable. It's got a couple of long-standing, hard to track, bugs that I've been having a hell of a time squashing. They are largely unpresent in FBL because it uses older code and ignores things like sprite zooming.

As for the DDP2/DMNFRNT code, I'm probably just going to pass it off to someone else (Destronger please check your PM box), since I can't seem to find the time or motivation to work on it much.

I probably will get some motivation to work on a couple of the things +t+ pointed out to me at some point, but if you guys want to see a release any time soon, It's best I pass things off.

...unpresent in FBL because it uses older code and ignores things like sprite zooming.

i love this...

fba: "i want sprite zooming!"

fbl: "..."

fba: "fbl?"

xbox: "take a hint fba."

Edited by destronger

It's true, the PGM driver in FBL was one of the 'frozen' drivers which didn't get updated along with the rest of the core due to having Xbox-specific VMM routines. With some drivers I was occasionally able to integrate the old VMM code into the updated driver but where there was any doubt, I just left well enough alone.