XBOX Forum: New Staff Positions + Subforum Suggestions

Alpha

Hey guys... so, today begins the day we revamp this XBOX forum!

First and foremost, we need new staff to moderate this forum and post XBOX related modding/emulation news on the front page. We are looking for mature, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and passionate people in XBOX emulation who would like to join our family of staff. Please post here if you are interested in a position and we will choose 2-3 of what we find to be the most qualified new moderators very soon.

And second, please post suggestions on how we can improve this forum.

Specifically, if you have ideas for new subforums under this XBOX forum, we will happily add them (yes, including for CoinOPS).

Our goal is to ultimately expand this place as much as possible with more activity and new members.

Please let us know if you can or will like to contribute. :-)

If the community here had no objections I would be interested in putting myself forward for a staff position.

As for sub-forums, I think one for CoinOPS is a good idea. While I don't agree with all of the ethical choices on which that project is based, I still think users in need of technical help or support should be able to come here for it and to discuss their experiences with it.

Also, if this really is to be a new start for the Xbox forum, I would personally like to see waal and any other members who were banned during the old days be permitted to post again. It was an unfortunate time for everyone and I feel we lost some really positive members of the community, both by administration and by their own choice. I'd like to think that they could be persuaded to return and contribute again to a new and revamped forum. The Xbox scene is small but it can keep going if things are done right, not just here but over all the forums that it's currently made up of.

In any case I'll be around, whatever happens. :)

i would have no objection to +T+ being in a staff position here infact i agree with all the points he made lets try and build a postive helpfull forum ive a few ideas really just about what subsections to have i would like to see

1) a section for coinops

2) a section for FBA/FBL

3) a news section so roving reporter FU can keep us up to date with whats out there

4) a section devoted to madmap's and freakdave's xbox console emu projects

5) a section for anyone or anything i forgot to mention :)

xbox arcade section would be nice.

also, i hope there won't be a million sections though. keep it simple.

xbox talk in general

all xbox emu/misc releases <---i would let fumanchu be in control of this. but limit it non-discussions. let the talk be in it's own sub-forum.

coinops specific

fbl specific

xport/madmab specific

other xbox emu's

xbox arcade <---those of us into making an xbox specific arcade system w/ tips, help etc. <---sharpfork would be someone i think would be a great person to moderate due to his extensive knowledge in this area.

i agree with +T+ about letting others to come back. and +T+ being a mod... yes.

Edited by destronger

xbox arcade section would be nice.

also, i hope there won't be a million sections though. keep it simple.

xbox talk in general

all xbox emu/misc releases <---i would let fumanchu be in control of this. but limit it non-discussions. let the talk be in it's own sub-forum.

coinops specific

fbl specific

xport/madmab specific

other xbox emu's

xbox arcade <---those of us into making an xbox specific arcade system w/ tips, help etc. <---sharpfork would be someone i think would be a great person to moderate due to his extensive knowledge in this area.

i agree with +T+ about letting others to come back. and +T+ being a mod... yes.

yeah this sounds good destronger kinda how i ment to put it :-) and a xbox cab section with sharpfork as mod would be cool as well i agree he does know his stuff plus a section on emu/misc releases with Fumancho at the helm sounds great as well of course both these guys would have to want to do this

maybe they'll post and lets us know at some point

Edited by gamez fan

Give it to +T+. I would feel pretty good coming by here seeing it managed in his favor. A general XBOX section with updated stickies would be enough for a healthy active forum, IMO.

The only gripe I would have with welcoming CoinOPS or its own sub-forum would be if BP came back. Project support is cool, users should be able to help their peers out if they need help. I don't expect users to hold any moral stance, but I do expect moderators and administrators to hold a moral standard when it comes to affiliating the board with development on those projects. It doesn't have to be cookie-cutter Catholic, but only as long as those developing get some sort of protection from others who rip and repackage their work. (What constitutes "Fair Use?") I would leave anything CoinOPS Dev/BP for another, later, discussion.

That said, a focus on releases and skinning for me, please.

The only gripe I would have with welcoming CoinOPS or its own sub-forum would be if BP came back. Project support is cool, users should be able to help their peers out if they need help. I don't expect users to hold any moral stance, but I do expect moderators and administrators to hold a moral standard when it comes to affiliating the board with development on those projects. It doesn't have to be cookie-cutter Catholic, but only as long as those developing get some sort of protection from others who rip and repackage their work. (What constitutes "Fair Use?") I would leave anything CoinOPS Dev/BP for another, later, discussion.

Basically, any discussion on the development choices or ethical basis of CoinOPS would be inflammatory and that would need to be shut down pretty fast because it goes nowhere and just drags the forum down. I've made no secret of my opinions in that area and those views stand, but that shouldn't prohibit those who want to discuss the software from doing so provided that discussion is constructive and useful.

I think a CoinOPS section is important because, love it or hate it, people do use it and those users are a part of this community. It isn't going to go away, and I feel the forum would only be making itself less relevant by pretending it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

@alpha: i'd say it'd be a good idea to keep this thread going for a few days/weeks(?) to make sure plenty of input has been suggested by a variety of xbox community members.

edit: spelling

Edited by destronger

VampX said it before on Xbox-Scene, all you would need to keep it going are some dedicated moderators who would update the stickies with the best available resources for what is already available, and what else could be done for new, active or inactive projects. Take it a step further and you can include stickies for all of the latest skins and Xtras that people like. I think all of this can be achieved in 1 forum, but that's not to say that it can't expand with new oversight and a "Just Ask" policy. :)