Mass Effect 3 Ending Uproar

Shoma

lots of games have shitty endings

Well in this case, it was because the endings didnt justify all the work that was done up until then.

Bioware tugged too many strings this time, when you have franchise and promises like what they made i guess it becomes more than just "oh yeah it was good but the ending sucked," people wanted to see the tons of choices they made throughout the three games take effect.

Oh and I do remember someone from bioware stating during ME2, "you can switch love interests but for those who stick with thier previous one, you'll be greatly rewarded in ME3"(Super paraphrasing). Then when the whole love scene came and went, I was like, was that supposed to be my reward or something?

It seems angry Mass Effect 3 fans still want to protest the game's endings. This time they're sending the studio hundreds of cupcakes.

A user on the BioWare forums quickly organized a donation pool of over $1,000 and made a massive order of approximately 402 cupcakes from a local bakery near BioWare's Edmonton studio. "As fans, we want Bioware to do right by us, and fix the endings for Mass Effect 3. But we also want to let Bioware know, that we trust them, and have faith in them.

"Bioware has been slammed by negativity from all sides in the last few weeks. This is our way, as fans, to drive our message home, but in a (literally) sweet way. We want Bioware to add some more 'sweet' to their 'bittersweet' ending. What better way to do this than with CUPCAKES :-D."

The order has been placed and the invoice as proof was posted online (see below). The cupcakes are colored Red, Blue and Green and labeled A, B or C as a dig at executive produce Casey Hudson's statements where he said, “It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C…The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

invoice.jpg

Bioware Forums[/b]]Ok' date=' I have spoken to a bakery located really close to Bioware studio's. They are called:

http://www.fusscupcakes.com

The approximate cost for this is $1005.00. That includes delivery, attaching our notes and letters, and having some photos taken of our creation. Note** Owner was kind enough to drop the price due to bulk.

The company DOES NOT have a paypal account. That means that I will have to place the order, and take contributions directly to my own paypal, and pay for it that way. Will have a final figure in the next hour.

IN ADDITION:

Every single person who contributes, will be able to write a brief note to be attached to the cupcakes. We will also, as a community, write a letter from all of us to Bioware. All the cupcakes will be divided into equal parts Red, Blue and Green colors... but they will all taste exactly the same.

If you'd like to participate, please check out the thread below and let us know.

These cupcakes can be delivered by the end of the week. Personally, I'm shooting for Thursday or Friday, since that's well in advance of PAX.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10635792&lf=8

This is AWESOME.

We really do have the best fans in the world. If I'm around I'll definitely take some photos and post them on BSN!

Originally Posted by Nathan Matichuk:

"No matter which one I eat, they're all delicious!"

Originally Posted by Bryan Johnson:

I am just saying if Fuss can pull off a Marauder Shields cake you guys will have saved me from having to find a wedding cake supplier down the road.

Originally Posted by Devon Gardner:

Every part of this is deliciously awesome!

Originally Posted by Stanley Woo:

Before people get a little too freaky with their enthusiasm, I hope people realize that none of this is, in any way, shape or form, required to get us to listen to you. Nor can we be bribed to make things go your way. And finally, no matter what happens, we still love our community.

That said, if this comes to pass (after all, nothing is guaranteed), i will dedicate my cupcake to those who said I should get more than one cupcake.

Cheers!

I was gonna make this news but since i already have a thread similar to it open, i'll post it here:

IT seems Bioware is responding the rage regarding the ending in the most ambiguous way possible : http://blog.bioware....012/03/21/4108/

"We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received," says Muzyka in the post. "This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue." - Ray Muzyka

Edited by Shoma

This is stupid. Mass Effect 3 is only a video game. I can't believe that fans feel that they are entitled to a better ending. If they support Bioware enough, they should be able to respect Bioware's decision. Even if they do change the ending, reflecting back on it, you wouldn't able to appreciate the ending since you know it was changed just because fans whined about it. Whenever Mass Effect 3 is mentioned in years to come, all people will remember is that Bioware caved and changed the ending for all of the fans. There are other game series out there, I just can't believe that fans would try to persuade a developer to change the ending and then release the ending as DLC, that is just absurd, bad ending or not.