installing coinops 3 newbie guide

newwave

Hello there all.

I am new to emulation for the xbox

but have enjoyed mame on the pc for a few years.

I am trying to help my nephew by putting coinops 3 on for him

and was hoping there maybe a guide on how to do this?

I have downloaded coinops 3 which has 376 zip files and is 36.4 gigs

I hope this is correct.

All I know is that I need to connect the xbox to the computer to transfer the files

over but that is it..

If someone can please help me I would be most grateful :)

Thanks very much

as long as your xbox is modded then you can ftp coinops 3 over to your xbox to the F drive,i am assuming you have a larger xbox hdd in there than the stock xbox1 hdd.

just use a ftp programme and you should be good to go and there are loads of guides on the net.

Hey Fella,

Offical support availible by googling Coinops Project. (Coinops is a banished topic to most people who live here)

Fu I hope you are well..... did Snesorma vanish?

onto business:

The main question I would also be asking is what size is the HDD in the xbox? Its ok having 36GB of coinops but with a stock HDD you wont have room.

Tristian I hope you are also well...

Link removed for you, but there was no http: so technically it was not a link, just friendly advise.

Edited by ace9094

Thanks for the replies, the xbox has been modded as it shows emulators (not coin ops) on it but you can't start the games just copy or delete saves which is strange

so looking to delete the lot and start fresh..

what other emus do you have on there

@newwave: what dashboard are you using? is it xbmc? if it is then the emu's you already have may not set up in xbmc program directory. if this is the case, then go to the program screen, press the white button, you'll have options and then have xbmc look to the folder where your emu's are.

you can also search for emuxtras and find some other goodies for your xbox.

coinops4 will be out soon... then r1 will be here, then r5... r9.

coinops5 will be out in 3 months...

@ace: blatent disregard for forum rules for posting a link... but then again i doubt anything will happen. <_<

Edited by destronger

• 2 weeks later...

I may be reading this wrong but the tone seems to be mocking the number of releases and revisions. I do not think this is aligned with the attempt at a fresh start here.

@newwave - If you like CoinOPs, know that it has been updated many times in recent months and I think that is a good thing. If you like it and choose to get the latest and greatest, keep an eye out for updates here (thanks Fu) as well as on the official forum. I personally like that features are released quickly and often so end users who choose to can get the latest and greatest features quickly. I have friends I helped setup CoinOps cabinets for who are on older versions of CoinOps 3 and likely will not upgrade anytime soon. I'm happy to be a beta tester and update often.

I may be reading this wrong but the tone seems to be mocking the number of releases and revisions. I do not think this is aligned with the attempt at a fresh start here.

in fairness sharpy that post was from a while ago anyway ill try and keep things positive

Edited by gamez fan

in fairness sharpy that post was from a while ago anyway ill try and keep things positive

it's not like i was wrong... and on average, co3 was released in november so... co4 next week; then co5 in 3 months give or take.

also, i don't think kidding around is a bad thing. take a stab at my fbl release. :-D

you should know sharp that i mentioned that you head the arcade section here due to your experience... i stand by that that still. :-)

Edited by destronger

• 1 year later...