The DLC Era.... DISCUSS!

Shoma

CHeck out this update! http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/19/hackers-unlock-on-disc-dlc-for-street-fighter-x-tekken.aspx?+wii,+ps3,+pc+games

Now these guys were able to hack the characters off the disc BUT xbl and capcom have said to be working together to find people who've been playing online with these characters and ban their XBL accounts!

Now WTF! ITs on the disc that you paid but you are getting your account deleted for using them. THE ERA IS HERE!!!

*FYI - I do think it was stupid to play with hacked characters online though... ijs

On that note, I think that what Capcom did to he hackers was entirely justified. Some gamers hacked the game in order to get access to content that was not yet slated for proper release at that time. In Capcom's eyes, that's more or less the same than pirating a game and playing it before the actual release date -- it doesn't matter that the content in question was not a game in itself, nor does it matter than the hacked content was already on the retail disc.

Sure, I hate on-disc DLC as much as the next guy, but at least you should wait until release day before hacking the DLC if you're not going to buy it "again".

Yeah i personally would have just kept them in training mode and practice until the release date.

My friend made a fair point, its not like you're getting 8 or 12 characters.. You have over 20! So all these characters that you have now are all enough to experience the game fair. The same can be said about the ME3 dlc, but those are apples and oranges in a sense.

Edited by Shoma

This is the exact bullshit I was talking about.

How dare they put content on a disc then charge you twice for it. I dont care how intelligent you think it might be to do this or agree with it, but I assure you, it wil become the norm. "BUY A START BUTTON TO START THE GAME ONLY 79.99!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You guys that think "its ok" seriously need to rethink your priorities, as guys like you will make the future all the more worse for gamers.

This is why I stick to the PC at least I have a bread crumb of control.

Im sure micro-purchases count as dlc... IF so, do games like farmville and such rake in a lot of dough with their $1.00 and such extra things pple buy?(i dont know many games such as those btw).