What's Your Ride?

veristic

What do you guys and girls drive? What's your daily commuter, those of you who are fortunate enough to have a vehicle of your own?

Mine is a 1996 Lexus SC400. Some of you may know of its popularity. 8-cylinder 275hp, 4-speed automatic, rear-wheel drive. I took it off my sister's hands since she can no longer keep up with its maintanence and she took the family car I was driving (06 Honda Pilot) for her use. I just put in new tires a few months back, Hankook Ventus V4 ES tires, along with new organic brake pads. Did some manual cleaning of the headlight and foglight oxidation so its a lot clearer now.

It's got some clear coating coming off, mostly on the hood and various sections all around. I intend to give it a paintjob eventually but not sure if I will keep the color or go with something else. Multiple dents and scrapes throughout, it is a 16 yr old car afterall. Also plan on some new rims, nothing crazy... 18" or 19" at most. Maybe some wheel-spacers.

It currently has some power steering pressure line hose leakage which i'm trying to fix, along with the power steering return hose that is very soft and can be squeezed with your bare hand. Needs new tinting in the rear windshield and doors as the film has peeled off a lot inside. The passenger side door doesn't open from the outside because the metal bar that screws in to the door handle from inside the door panel broke off where the nut screws in, friend welded some silver to it to remake the hole for the nut. The passenger side power window also doesn't work from the driver side control.

A work-in-progress. Here are some photos:

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

So, what do you guys drive?

Own a 2005 Hyundai Accent 5 in gunmetal grey. Loaned it to my mother for 8 months, got it back via tow-truck needing several (mechanical)repairs, never again...it's currently sitting in my garage until I can get it done in the spring(money and I don't wanna work on it in the cold.

My Fiance has a 2001 Pontiac Montana, which I'm mainly driving at the moment. Piece of shit...US companies can't build a quality vehicle anymore to save their lives. I will NEVER buy a vehicle from the big 3, I previously owned an 89 Cavalier myself, and a 94 Dodge Spirit. Both fairly solid cars, but everything newer that friends and family have owned have been nothing but poorly built headaches.

I also ride...owned a 2008 Honda CBR 600RR that was written off at 3 months old by some stupid douche making an illegal turn infront of me. Currently have a 2000 Ninja 500R sitting in the garage with just over 4000km on it, I'm probably gonna sell it as it's not what I was looking for in a bike.

That sucks Ken about the CBR. Nice bike ems lol it would fit right in where i'm at right now. Currently been stuck in Compton for 3 days repairing the power steering pressure line hose at my friend's place... ordered the wrong part from autozone.

Anyway, if I had the funds i'd like to cop these wald s13's for my sc.

Lexus-SC-430-Roadster.jpg

Also looking at these:

tenzo_concept9_machined_2.jpg

My friend thinks I should paint my car white and get these gold rims:

2ezk5kl.jpg

Not a big fan of gold rims for some reason... like gold teeth or something.