finally find that awesome arcade rom and it doesnt work....

wlinck

Well ive spent many hours collecting all those classic beat em up arcade games and i have played and played and felt like I was back in huge arcades in the mall which was great. The only problem is that there are a hand full that I can't get to work no matter what I do. They say that parts are missing in the rom when i audit them and i am at a loss at what to do. More specifically games like oriental legends knights of valour except for two versions of part one, crystal of kings, final fight revenge, age of heroes and many more. I have the pgm.zip and neogeo.zip files where they are supposed to be and i have tried the latest emulator of final burn, nebula, mame32, and mame 144b to try and get these to work to no avail. If u have gotten any of those games to work on an emulator on pc I could really use some help on what I'm doing wrong.

Many games by IGS are not properly emulated or are missing properly dumped ROMs. Blame IGS for making their PolyGameMaster hardware such a bitch to emulate. As far as (at least) Crystal Kings goes, you should seek CrystalEmu, which is spefically designed to play said games.

Furthermore, Final Fight Revenge is an ST-V game, so you need the ST-V BIOS for it. Besides, you'll probably have better luck emulation the Saturn console version of it than the Arcade one -- last time I checked, MAME's ST-V emulation is *fairly* decent (read: not perfect by any means) but slow.

Thanks guys I will try all of that out tonight. The only question I have is what version of mame are you using that all of those roms work for?

ive got an older set 0.140u3

anyway these games work in my set

crystal of kings

age of heros silkroad 2

oriental legends

not working

finalfight revenge ( not emulated or working in mame yet according to the maws website)

knights of valour 1 (knights of valour superheros works same game with extras)