Final Burn Legends 1.9

+ T +

Getting the games to run in the NeoGeo core would be no problem at all, but it would require major additions or alterations to the UI in order to be usable and I just don't have the know-how to achieve something like that.

You should talk to Madmab, I'm sure he'd be willing to help you out.

Hi +T+

Was just wondering will we ever see a possible release of Final Burn Consoles with the added Neogeo CD funtionality in the future?

It's not something I ever started work on. Getting the games to run in the NeoGeo core would be no problem at all, but it would require major additions or alterations to the UI in order to be usable and I just don't have the know-how to achieve something like that. FBC is something I would like to have developed more; not just the NGCD stuff but also the new SNES and PCE drivers that have been added to recent FBA builds. It would be great to have a real multi-system console emulator running on the Xbox.

Hi ... i understand too you have less time in real life to work on FBL and FBC ...

But to work quicker on FBC and add NeoGeoCD emulation, why don't you ask Madmab how to load an ISO file ?

Because the FB menu is cool .... but the Xtra menu by Xport and Madmab have many more feature for the user ...

And launch ISO like a charm :D

Well let me turn the question around; why don't you ask Madmab how to load an ISO file and add NeoGeoCD support to FBC yourself? I'm not joking.

Listen, I get the impression there are many people who don't want the Xbox scene to die and I see all kinds of requests for features, tweaks and updates made to the few of us who have been maintaining the few active projects that still remain on the system. Well the fact of the matter is, if you people want the Xbox scene to keep going then how about, instead of hoping for it, you do something about it? From my own experience I can say without fear of contradiction that there is no excuse whatsoever. I knew nothing about coding or developing when I first took a look at the FBA-XXX sourcecode; I'd never even seen a sourcecode or even a line of C++ before. But once I'd gotten all the software installed and compiled my first xbe, I started tweaking; just changing little things here and there. And that's all I've been doing ever since, tweaking what's already there and, believe me, any one of you could do it. (CoinOPS, if nothing else, is living proof of that ;))

So why not give it a shot? I'd gladly give whatever assistance I can to anyone who wants to dip their toe into developing and, despite it's small size, we have a supportive community of people with far more knowledge and experience than me who I'm sure would be equally happy to give help to anyone who wants it.

The fact is that, the Xbox scene is slowly dying, and if all the few that are left are going to do is endlessly ask and ask and ask for things and nothign else then the end is just going to come all the sooner. Comparatively small though it's been, I feel I've done my bit in terms of keeping the Xbox alive and kicking, and so now it's time for the rest of you that want to see new development to step up and have a go at supporting the system yourself if you don't want to lose it.

+T+ i've considering getting into the idea you just mentioned. in fact i do have a windows xp comp that i don't use often and my friend just gave me his xbox that i was planning on making into a dev xbox.

one of my buddies is a software & hardware engineer and he offered to help me too.

i just don't know what software i need.

Well a dev Xbox isn't a necessity. I've never had one. I just use my regular Xbox for testing. As for software; you need Visual Studio 2003 and the Xbox SDK plugin to compile xbe files, and I use UltraEdit for editing the source files.

I would be willing to help with a few pointers too if someone wanted to make some improvements. Mind you that my time is somewhat limited and mostly spent on developing for FBA.

Well a dev Xbox isn't a necessity. I've never had one. I just use my regular Xbox for testing. As for software; you need Visual Studio 2003 and the Xbox SDK plugin to compile xbe files, and I use UltraEdit for editing the source files.

are there different versions of SDK?