Final Burn Legends 1.9

+ T +

one picture..i must take more ^^

running Cave's shmups icon_e_wink.gif i really wish the PGM emulation can be better on Xbox, since theres too many slowdown when you play for score (especially Ketsui icon_e_sad.gif )

i need to install my emotia in my cab , so i'll be able to enjoy 240p ^^

I really wish you could add a Tate feature in FBL

c36020120102171218.th.jpg20120109174247.th.jpg20120109174009.th.jpg

Edited by Sparda
  • Like 1

one picture..i must take more ^^

running Cave's shmups icon_e_wink.gif i really wish the PGM emulation can be better on Xbox, since theres too many slowdown when you play for score (especially Ketsui icon_e_sad.gif )

i need to install my emotia in my cab , so i'll be able to enjoy 240p ^^

I really wish you could add a Tate feature in FBL

c36020120102171218.th.jpg20120109174247.th.jpg20120109174009.th.jpg

+1 for tate users

Me too PGM games, if they load at all, will throw the "FBL has encountered... Press A" error upon exit, which gets stuck until I reset my Xbox and delete the FBL.ini file.

This has happened to me when I've tried to launch kov2 in 720p, no problem (for me) in 480p.

+T+ maybe you can help. i connect my xbox via component to a CRT SDTV. the tv doesn't do 480p, but it seems to give a much better picture quality.

anyways, under composite, FBL runs fine. however when i switch to componant, everything is distorted as if it is set to a PAL setting, or to a setting that is not supported.

I notice that the video options is set to 480i/480p Is it trying to send both signals to my tv? my tv does not do 480p and that is what might be causing the distortion.

Is it possible to make a standalone 480i setting?

Hello T,

I noticed a few games that do not work and a bad interface bug. (I think) The following games do not work:

4in1 - freezes at boot screen, there are red numbers present

Ace Attacker FD 1094 - I get the FBL encountered a problem screen

Alien Challenge - Both the China and USA version of the ROM cause the Xbox to crash, requiring a hard restart

Alpha Mission II (Prototype) - garbled graphics

The other issue is that I cannot hit 'A' to select a game and the 'fast-scroll' triggers do not work, nor do the left/right quick jump controls in the rom list. This isn't an issue with the controller, it seems only to happen in FBL's romlist. This bug cropped up after I loaded Alien Sector. I've turned my xbox on and off, etc and nothing fixes it. I assume there is a bad file somehwere causing this. I also tried rebuilding my romlist which didn't work.

When you have a moment, please advise.

Thanks!

Edited by PhilExile

+T+, will the next fbl v1.10 (2.0) be full install or an update?

also, with you going with calling it "v1.10" may cause confusion w/ "v1.1."

thanks.

The truth is I haven't touched the v1.10 code for a while. Maybe I just need to wait for the right time to get back into the swing of it. I don't feel that 2.0 would be appropriate given that this is still fundamentally nes6502's original FBL (albeit with a lot of additions and updates), so it's going to be 1.10, 1.11, and 1.100 if we're still going by then without some sort of major overhaul to both UI and core that would qualify as a 2.0 release.

Hello T,

I noticed a few games that do not work and a bad interface bug. (I think) The following games do not work:

4in1 - freezes at boot screen, there are red numbers present

Ace Attacker FD 1094 - I get the FBL encountered a problem screen

Alien Challenge - Both the China and USA version of the ROM cause the Xbox to crash, requiring a hard restart

Alpha Mission II (Prototype) - garbled graphics

The other issue is that I cannot hit 'A' to select a game and the 'fast-scroll' triggers do not work, nor do the left/right quick jump controls in the rom list. This isn't an issue with the controller, it seems only to happen in FBL's romlist. This bug cropped up after I loaded Alien Sector. I've turned my xbox on and off, etc and nothing fixes it. I assume there is a bad file somehwere causing this. I also tried rebuilding my romlist which didn't work.

When you have a moment, please advise.

Thanks!

4in1 as far as I know has always had this problem in FBL. The clone of Ace Attacker works fine, only the parent has this problem. Alien Challenge runs on the same driver as Lord of Gun which would need VMM routines to work on the Xbox. The Alpha Mission II prototype has issues because the Neo Geo core has not been updated in line with the most recent FBA updates; this is due to the fact that the old VMM code can't be utilised in the new driver, so new VMM routines would need to be added by someone more skilled than myself. I'm keeping the supported Neo Geo ROMs sets up-to-date but any new additions will be hit-n-miss for the time being.

As for the ROM list issue; make sure your thumbsticks are centred as if they're 'drifting' slightly out of the deadzone it can cause exactly what you describe.