Games you would love to see playable in FBL

gamez fan

I just tried to load this and after the RAM OK ROM OK screen it turned black. The emulator is still running though and I can quit back to the list. Is this normal for this Ninja Baseball Batman?

If the newer cores are slower on stock Xbox systems, which version of Final Burn Legends would you recommend?

Thanks

Irem M92 games such as Ninja Baseball Batman also get particularly poor framerates on a stock Xbox.

I'd recommend the latest FBL. I always use the fastest available drivers so there is no performance decrease between versions. The new cores that are slow were not a part of FBL in any previous build, they're newly added and their performance has always been the same.

Last time I checked it was loading ok, but it contains graphical glitches in the current build because I was trying to boost performance by cutting some corners in the driver. On the whole though I don't think the trade-off was worthwhile so for the next build I'll be going back to the unaltered FBA version of the driver which is stable but slow.

Groove on fight? Astra superstars? yeah I know I'm dreaming but love obscure almost forgotten fighters and this one qualifies

Not a chance in hell on those two ever being playable on xbox.

SF The movie.. Kaiser knuckle will be cool as well

SF The movie is one i've been interested in doing. Kaiser knuckle as well, but the odds of it being playable on xbox are slim to none.

Street Fighter - The Movie is playable at around 55-60FPS on some stages in mameox/coinops if CPU0 is underclocked to like 25% (game still runs at correct speed), but on some stages it slows down to like half that...possibly because of multiple background layers. CPU1 needs to stay at 100% though, because it affects the speed of the music...and when it gets below like 25%, voices/samples will start playing late/not at all. :P

Anyway, FBL might be able to tweak some stuff and have the game running at full speed :-)

[EDIT: Bahaha...I didn't even notice the above SF-TM posts until I posted...I seriously only mentioned it because I've been playing it recently. Creepy!]

Edited by JLsoft

Street Fighter - The Movie is playable at around 55-60FPS on some stages in mameox/coinops if CPU0 is underclocked to like 25% (game still runs at correct speed), but on some stages it slows down to like half that...possibly because of multiple background layers. CPU1 needs to stay at 100% though, because it affects the speed of the music...and when it gets below like 25%, voices/samples will start playing late/not at all. :P

Hey JL, that's some really interesting information!

I can load Street Fighter: The Movie on my Trusty Upgraded Xbox (1.4ghz/128RAM) and have it run full speed. (Just an FYI)

I never messed around with the CPU speeds on any of the games. How did you know to tweak and what is the logic behind the settings you used? Also, are the settings saved if you close the game and then reopen it at a later date? I'm wondering if I can improve performance on some games that ran really slow, but otherwise appeared to work OK. For instance, RADIANT SILVERGUN loaded, but only played at 9 FPS. This was a 'big' improvement over a stock Xbox which ran 1-3FPS. (I think)

How did you know to tweak and what is the logic behind the settings you used? Also, are the settings saved if you close the game and then reopen it at a later date? I'm wondering if I can improve performance on some games that ran really slow, but otherwise appeared to work OK.

As far as the settings go, they aren't saved (at least, the CPU clockspeed isn't...volume and brightness/contrast -might- be...haven't tested)

For messing around with the CPU speed in the first place, when I saw how much frameskipping it was doing by default, I just figured I'd try to underclock the sound CPU to see if that helped (I guess I was thinking about how a lot of the intensive CPU work in the MK games is emulating the sound...the games are unrelated, of course :P), and when playing around with CPU0 I just dropped the clock until it was acceptably smooth, and not slowing down. Like I mentioned, I also tried dropping CPU1 to see if that helped, but it really didn't seem to affect the speed of the game...or at least, affect it enough that was worth the slowed down music/broken sound. :)