So... How do you guys like the new look?

solidius23

My avatar is screwed...wonder if re-upping it would fix it.

And I'm finding that either the site is slow, or certain aspects of the forum software is. Category pages load fine, and topics load ok...viewing pofiles however seems to take forever to load.

Edit: Definitely the forum software itself, going back to the main index took an execution time of over 10 seconds.

My avatar is screwed...wonder if re-upping it would fix it.

And I'm finding that either the site is slow, or certain aspects of the forum software is. Category pages load fine, and topics load ok...viewing pofiles however seems to take forever to load.

Edit: Definitely the forum software itself, going back to the main index took an execution time of over 10 seconds.

We've noticed it too... I think it's a caching issue. The more new cache files made, the faster it should get. I will try looking more into this later today.

As for your avatar, IPB seized allowing GIF avatars. You're gonna have to change it if you don't like the way it's shown. Yes, I know -- it's a setback, but a minor one at best.

EDIT: After reading the front page, I found how to get IPB Blue, so NOW i can say the look is really nice, just not a fan of black, sorry about that.

Now I need to point out a few issues:

1. On the blue skin, it says IPS Community instead of 1Emulation at the top.

2. Everything is at a crawl, it is really slow to do anything. Scrolling is particularly painful.

3. Fast Edit is gone.

4. Not allowed to look at the Member List

5. Search is turned off.

6. My own IP shows as Private, it should only say that on Admin Owners.

7. If I delete a post, it doesn't go to the Recycle Bin - it is gone.

Hope Miskie or GC can sort these out... Thanks :)

Thanks for pointing that out.. if you point at your warn status, it says 0%, so that is fine.

However there's no option to add a warning now.

Also, the RSS news feed no longer exists.

If you click "Warn Status", there is an option to Alter Warn Level. If it's not there, then I need to look at the member group permissions.

Not sure about RSS feeds... completely forget about those. Will look into it!