SNES9XBox Super Nintendo Emulator for XBox v5

fumanchu

SNES9XBox Super Nintendo Emulator for XBox v5

by madmab

snesXbox_frontpage.png

info

*** Changes To Snes9Xbox Core ***

* Force region now working for 1.42 and 1.51 cores.

* Emu now only tries to load a save state if it actually exists. This should fix the "refreshbytes at 0 or less" error and "snapshot thisgame.tt0 does not exist" msgs as well as lockups from attempting to do so.

* Rewind is now working in 1.42. Whoopsie! ;)

*** Interface Related Changes ***

* Lockup when using the media browser is caused by the colour skin using too much RAM. Be sure to copy over the new "Colours (True HD) skins". I also put some code in to help alleviate the situation.

* Some software filters that were not working are now working properly. Just be sure to copy over the new "Colours (True HD) skin" or else you will get lockups when trying to load a game and use a software filter.

OOPSSIE; :?

i see madmab released WRONG version of the HD COLOURS skins in snes9xbox v5 :evil:

the hd sprites backgrounds doesn't appears at all in any menu!

long story short: now with all those new cores, snes9xbox entered the "memory eater" emu category, which means the main screen can be 915*685 pixels max (which is still 50%better quality than any old xport skin). The "normal" emus like medna nes/mekax/game boy/atari's etc can have 1280*960 bkg... i'll release them later.

here are the working COLOURS HD SKINS:

http://www.filedropper.com/snescolourshd

http://www.filedropper.com/snincolourshd

WARNING: if you set the option (from the main menu):

skin config/general/USE SPRITE AS BACKGROUND to "YES", the HD backgrounds (sprites) won't be displayed in all the/gameselect and options menus!! So i suggest you to keep this option to "off" if you want HD gui. Can you look at this "bug" madmab? (in theory the sprite should be disabled "only" in the ingame screen, to see the little screenie for saves etc)

Hehe.. I've seen x-port do worst.. He bumped up a couple emu's like 7 or so version numbers while fixing various issues that cropped up after he released them. I could always go with a point system.. however it wont change the number of releases if I do so.

So I typically have been reserving point revisions for beta versions that I crank out from time to time.

Version 5 already?

Don't quite like MadMab's numbering system for these minor updates.

I don't care, I just appreciated his updates. Why does it really matter what the numbering system is? Whether it's .1, .01, .001, they are all numerical changes to keep the bug fixes and updates in order.

• 2 weeks later...